Will using bleach in early pregnancy harm my baby???
The day after I found out that I was pregnant (approx. 5 weeks), my mother-in-law came over to my house and accidentally spilled a small amount of bleach in my laundry room. I wasn't in there when it happened but I have a ranch-style house and my laundry room is on my main floor. I could smell it when I walked past the laundry room so I opened a few windows and my screen door but it lingered out into my living room where I was. It took a couple minutes for the smell to completely go away but now I am so scared that I could've harmed the baby by breathing in the fumes, even though it wasn't direct, it was still strong in the living room. Should I be worried??? I know there are a lot of women that smoke throughout their pregnancies and their babies are fine and I'm sure cigarette smoke is worse than a one-time occurence of clorox fumes. I just need some reassurance please!!!!
You would have to be sitting over the bottle of bleach for hours for the fumes to affect baby. Pregnant women can paint, so long as they keep the room well-ventilated. Sounds like you did everything you needed to do--- opened windows.

I know women who were maids while pregnant and had to use all sorts of chemicals and their babies are perfectly fine! Don't sweat it.