Worried, sequential screen results
My midwife just called to let me know my screening came back with a 1 in 145 chance for down syndrome. I have to have an appt with a genetic counselor but my bd refuses to go because he says it's not going to happen. I'm 17 weeks and will love my baby no matter what, I just want to be prepared if things might be more serious. Any reassuring words from anyone? I just wish I could.be supported on this one by bd :(
You do what you think is best going isn't going to hurt anything. You'll leave more informed just in case. Your baby is probably perfectly fine but it never hurts to be safe. Momma always knows best(:
That sounds like a pretty good chance baby is fine :).  My nephew has down syndrome, they thought he might before he was born because he had a hole in his heart that they detected on ultrasound, which is more common in downs babies, and he had not normal proportions of measurments of I think his arms? But they still weren't able to say for sure whether he would have it or not until he was born.  Just be prepared that you probably wont be able to find out for certain anyways.  Just remember that you have a 144/145 chance that everything is just fine, but it never hurts to go talk to someone and get some reassurance.  
Ah thank you ladies! I was thinking about going to ask questions but not to do any further testing. I don't need the stress! I'm just going to look forward to the gender scan in a few weeks and I think that will help put my move at ease.