Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Yeast infection with no symptoms?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Yeast infection with no symptoms?

Well I had my doctors today. The good news is I'm dilated and baby is head down and expected to be a little early. The bad news is I haves mild case of a yeast infection. I was told I need to stick this cream IN my vagina with like some plastic applicator. I don't have any yeast infection symptoms. Not even my discharge is bad. She didn't test me for this she just automatically said I have it. I don't like the idea of sticking anything with medicine up my vagina. Maybe I'm being stubborn but I don't feel like I have a yeast infection. I'm uncertain if I don't have this so called yeast infection but I put this cream up there and something goes wrong :/ what should I do? I have my next apt in 6 days- should I wait and have her recheck or should I use this cream? If I do have a yeast infection what is the worst that could happen?
Bump
I had something similar but with a uti. I didn't think I had symptoms but my dr said I had one so I got a prescription for it. I was worried the antibiotics would hurt the baby so I was reluctant to take them but eventually I did. And I did notice some changes and my baby is fine.  I'm not sure what the differences are between the two kinds of treatments but it should be ok. If you're too worried I would wait till your app and talk more about your concerns with your dr
I had almost the exact thing happen to me at right at about 36 weeks with my last pregnancy.  They gave me 7 days worth of some cream to put up my hooha when I didn't feel I had any symptoms or anything.  I went ahead and took the treatment, I really didn't notice any changes, but everything was fine and the baby was fine.  It didn't cause me to go into labor or anything like I was kind of afraid it would.  I don't think it will hurt anything if you go ahead with the medicine, it can probably only help.  :)
I'm just don't feel right sticking it up there :(
Yeast infections are a normal part of being a woman and at some point, most women will have at least one infection in their life, if not more.  If you doctor is recommending you complete the treatment, you should follow that advice.  They probably do not want the baby to come through the birth canal with an active infection, or it may be transmitted and infect the baby during birth.
I had several yeast infections during my pregnancy that I didn't have any symptoms with. I ended up having to go to the ER and getting a catheter because I couldn't pee. I found out I had a yeast infection that was so sevear that I was swollen and couldn't pee. Never had one symptom no discharge or itching.

If your Dr prescribed a cream you should use it. It's safe during pregnancy.
:/ I will try and use it tonight but I just dont know how I'm supposed to do this. I've never had to stick any medicine up there
Just like using a tampon. It's simple just read the directions.
I did it tonight but I had trouble sticking it in:/ the first time it wasn't in far enough and all the cream came right out within 2seconds. The second time it hurt to go in any further and cream was all out within 45mins-1hr. Is it normal for it to leak out Like this??
KTowne commented on renae176's status
42 mins ago
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
hansen20, Hollus, and KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy