acid reflux babies
ok so my son is 2 and a half months old and he has acid reflux. His doc gave him ranitidine(sp?) on Sept 12th in a 30 day supply to see if it helped, well while trying to get it in a dropper to give to him i accidently dropped the bottle and spilled about a week and a halfs worth of it ( i feel horrible about it ) well his doc upped his dosage 2 days ago and i asked the doc today to call in a refill for me since i spilled it and was pretty much out of it. So i go to Walgreens to pick it up and Medicaid wont pay for a refill until October 5th so i asked how much it was and his meds are $133.95 and i dont have it, i just cant buy it. So Walgreens is going to call Medicaid in the morning to see if they will pay for it since i spilled it. Well my question is if Medicaid doesnt pay for it then what can i do? Is there an over the counter medicine i can give him?

Thanks in advance, all advice is appreciated. I plan on calling his doc as soon as Walgreens tells me what Medicaid says but i want ideas now on what else i can do.
My daughter had acid reflex, my doc said don't lay her flat to sleep, always put him on slight incline, also I used ENFAMIL AR formula which thickens faster in their stomach so it doesn't come right back up, doc also suggested gas drops to reduce the size of  gas bubble inside stomach. Hope it helps, good luck with medicaid
My son ended up with blue baby syndrom because his acid was so bad he would breath it into his lungs. Most of the time it is a dairy allergy because the protien in cows milk is very different from ours and not capable of being properly absorbed thus causing a reaction to it. request Nutramagen or Alimentum (sp??) formula wic covers them.. they probably saved my sons life. He also was on zantac daily. Dairy is really bad for babies and us too but in moderation everythings OK.. just a newborns system is so sensitive even dairy consumed by the breastfeeding mommies is passes to babies and can cause those problems
My first son was in the nicu for 21 days and I was pumping my milk and taking it to the hospital for them to feed it to him, well when they told me they were full I didn't bring any the next day when we went to see him they were giving him similac, I thought they had my milk since they said they were full of mine (in my sons bin in the freezer), big confusion but anyways, he had bad spit up, vomiting, reflux, all from the similac, so we switched to Enfamil AR, it was ok but he would still spit up, but nothing as bad as before, now my newborn is on similac but I don't think he's having any issues with it so far, he's only 2 weeks tho, I don't know why the doctor didn't prescribe my first son anything for it tho but she said if he's a happy spitter then leave it alone, but I would ask the doctor about switching to Enfamil AR, my sister in  law also had the same problem and solution with her baby :)
My son has the milk protein allergy so he is on Similac Alimentum. We give him gas drops and he sleeps in a cradle swing so hes not laying flat on his back. I just dont know what im going to do if medicaid wont pay for his ranitidine. He's already had a pretty rough start in life, he had to have surgery on August 9th because he had pyloric stentosis (sp?), he had the milk protein allergy, he has night time colic and now i cant get his ranitidine until oct which helps him wonders. Its like he cant get a break and i feel awful about it.
If you can't get a refill, tall to your sons drs. Most drs have some sort of samples of meds that they can give out to try. Or they might even send a different script for him. If you ever need someone to vent too or advice feel free to message me. My son has severe reflux, and I'm still dealing with it. I've kinda become a pro and expert on it. ( he's had it since birth and will be 2 in Dec.)
You can put a very small dosage of mylanta in every other bottle to help with reflux. It's a 1/4 tsp. I came home with it in my bottles to help with reflux, and we used it on our first son until we switched to the prevacid pill. Also keep him straight up for 30 minutes after he eats.
With my son he was like that too I try the ar milk it did work some kids can't drink the powered milk they put my son on enfamil soy that help my son the dr told me if that didn't help that they had to do surgery best of Luck
I had acid reflux bad when I was a baby.i remember my mom saying she had to mix a little cereal with my formula.....dont know how correct that infornation is though