Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
advice please..

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

advice please..

hey, im really looking for some advice, my boyfriend and i have recently decided that we would like to start a family, so 2 weeks ago i came off my pill (6 days before the pack was supposed to finish), that same day and for about the next 4 days we had unprotected sex, since then i have all these weird feelings, nausea, major headaches, cramps all over my body but mainly in my stomach, ive become so hungry all the time!! seriously i could eat the biggest fattest meal ever and still be starvin!! Im also an emotional person but in the last week it has got soooo much worse!! And also embarressingly enough ive had alot of "gas"!! About 4 days after having the sex, i started bleeding, very lightly, and it only last a day and a half? Ive done tests and they are negative, its now been about 12 days since i came of the pill and had unprotected sex, i did another test this morning, a clearblue one that apparently can show 4 days before your period is due, but it is still neg! Unfortunatley ive never been one to calculate when my period is due so i am a bit unsure, and with coming off the pill early i know that will mess it up a bit, but if anyone has any suggestions or can share any experience id really be grateful, cos its stressing me out!! Thanks in advance!! x
I also just went off the pill about 3 weeks ago. The first week I felt nauseas and similar symptoms as you, but it was way to early to feel any pregnancy symptoms. I could have sworn I ovulated on time after that, 10/17 and had sex before that. Now I have been spotting and slight cramping, lower backaches etc..since then. I think its still too early to test for me and I also think it may be too early for you to feel symptoms of pregnancy. I think they might all be related to coming off the pill actually...but that doesnt mean you cant be pregnant either, I just think it's too early to tell. It takes anywhere from around 7-10 days for the egg to implant and then a few days at least from there for HCG to show up in order to get a positive test. You might just need to wait a little bit longer...I know it stinks..I have been waiting for 2 weeks now and still need to wait till 10/31 or later to test. The other thing is do you have any idea if you ovulated?? I had all of the symptoms, so I knew when I did. The thing is coming off the pill can cause you to ovulate right away, on time or not at all depending on the person. Its so frustrating not knowing! What I am finding is that pregnancy and coming off the pill seem to have the same symptoms...which makes it much more difficult for us to narrow it down:( You can also start taking your BBT temp when you wake up and it might help. I just started the other day and charting will help you to see if and when you ovulate and when AF should come. It might be helpful or might not. For now it seems to give me a little sense of knowing what the heck my body is doing right now, but still doesnt give any definite answers. There is a ton of info on the net about it if you want to look into it. Hope this helps a little...sorry I couldnt be more help, but at least we seem to be in similar situations.
thanks so much for the reply, it is nice to know other people are feeling the same! Im just so impatient!! Ive spent a small fortune on bloody tests even know i know they will just show negative!! I swear its compulsive!! I think its cos i want it so bad that its stressing me out, and then i wprry that all these symptoms are just in my head because i want it!? They say a doc can do a blood test and that will show earlier than a urine test? but i think they only do that if its an emergency!! Because i never pay attention to periods ect i cant figure out when i ovulated but if i have calculated right then i would have ovulated between then 6th-12th of oct, and i came of pill on the 13th and started having unprotected sex, but surely the pill affects when u r ovulating?!! God im confused :-/
desderius commented on photo
desderius commented on photo
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy