Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
albuterol/asthms probs in 2ww/pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

albuterol/asthms probs in 2ww/pregnancy

Hello Ladies!  I'm in my 2ww I should have AF or a BFP by this weekend...keeping my fingers crossed for the BFP!  Well, when I am in my 2ww I give up caffeine, don't use any bugsprays, medications (like tylenol or allergy medicine...) BUT I am asthmatic and have been wheezing, having the tight chest...one step away from an asthma attack.  I have been dealing with this my entire life so I put up with a high amount of breathing disability before I will actually let on to someone that I am not well.  It is so bad today I'm not going to work...even walking from one room to another is a huge toll on me...I read that albuterol is a class C drug and has not been studied in pregnancy in humans...in animals is is linked to cleft palate defects and other defects too!  Since I am in the 2ww I am not sure if I took my albuterol in my nebulizer if I'd be risking my potential babies health.  I'll call my pharmacist or dr. in a couple hours but it is only 5 a.m. and I won't be able to call until 9...when they open.  Anyone have this happen to them?
I've had asthma through all my pregnancies and have used my albuterol inhaler during all of them.  Only necessary a few times during the beginning but towards the end with it being harder to breath becuase of pressure on the lungs I've had to use it more...I haven't had any problems come from the use of my albuterol.  It may be cat. C however the benefits outweigh the risks.  If you are wheezing and having a hard time breathing you are not receiving enough oxygen which is going to have an adverse affect on the baby.  I think you are far better off USING your fast acting inhaler in order to get that oxygen.  As my doctors in the past have told me it's an inhaled steroid and therefore a far smaller amount of it will actually end up in the blood stream (if any at all).  
or so that's what docs have told me...but like i said i havent' had any problems using either Albuterol or Flovent.
Thank you...I read more online and it does seem that it is the recommended idea to use the medicineE!  I was starting to feel as if I had no choice anyways!  Thanks again!
KTowne We got a puppy today.. we a... Comment
14 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on aiyanas_momma's status
KeeLolo, and Hollus commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy