all these "labor starter tips"
ladies my doctor confirmed to me today that if your  labor is going to happen it will happen when the baby is ready to come.  you may have to be induced if things don't speed up BUT sex, pizza , a drink,spicy food, even walking has not even been proven that it will help you go into labor.. just a fyi for those of you that think you need to do one of these things to speed it up. wait. be patient. just because someone said it worked for them does not mean it will work for you and for all you know it could just be a coincidence that their labor started shortly after trying one if those things. for the past nine months i was under the impression that if i become overdue which i am that those are the things i need to do to because of what women have told me. so hang in there ! relax . let your body do what its made to do and stop rushing what you have no control of  
Yes i agree as i have tried everything and now know all those remedies are a myth lol i still have 8days to my due date hopefully im not overdue and my baby has been fully engaged for 5weeks i just think she is nice & comfy hehe..good luck x
But some of our bodies (even though its made for this) can only take so much....such as I have a hard time doing literally anything....especially walking cause the pain and weight is so bad....yeah it depends on the baby but it also depends on how much the body can take....I don't know. All I know is that I'm tired of hurting. So if some PERFECTLY NATURAL remedy will possibly help speed things up, then why not try it? Its not hurting anything.
if things NEED to be sped up your doctor will strip your membrane and induce you
and i know everyone is different but many ladies told me stripping the membrane didnt hurt at all omg had to have it done today and my breathe was taken away from the pain. hope you ladies don't need this done
Thank you, i had wrote a post like this and alot of ladies bashed me for it , im glad im not the only. Its all uo to your body how much it can take. But we cant control what it does so just wait patiently and if you need to be induced then your dr will do for you, if your dr has not induced you or said anything about it or you to be doing anything then i suggest you not do it.
i know its as if they take it perso
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. pregnancy isn't easy of course the closer you get to your due date the harder things are going to get. Some people I feel are being cry babies lol.
personal*  if you dont agree you dont have to comment and can keep wasting time with your own body. its whatever makes you happy but why insist on performing myths lol
It's this towards me? I agreed with you?
i totally feel like that too! lol everyone has different pregnancies but dang i really feel like a lot of women try to find excuses for thier whining  
lol no! your comment got posted before mine did. slow phone.  thanks to metro pcs
Totally agree. Who said pregnancy was easy?!? It's not. I can't stand when ppl only post about being so fed up with pregnancy and that they hate it. Yes, some have a harder time than others, but if your body isn't ready...nothing is gonna work. And it doesn't make anything better by bitching, because "self induced suggestions" haven't helped, and constantly "ranting" about how much pain your in. I'm sorry, but I totally agree.
Some ppl don't understand that u a can't force your body into labor.
Lol! I agree not everyone is the same but if nothing is wrong with you medically and your 37 weeks or over why not just sit and wait for your baby to come on its own. If you do go over you due date it will probably be no more then 10 days. Its not like you'll have to wait another 9 months lol
exactly.  im 40 weeks + 4 days & in a lot of pain ,dont sleep, overweight , my boobs are at cup size f which is not comfortable,  horrible heartburn, cant bend and im ok! lol i chose to be pregnant so i should be able to experience pregnancy at its finest all natural.  we may be in pain but complaining will get you nowhere!
I only went to 39+2, I got Induced for high blood pressure and yes I had Horrible back labor. But, I never tried self inducing. I didn't even think about it really, I loved being pregnant. And yes, I still loved it even when I could barely walk, my vaginal hurt like hell, I was sick, had Horrible back labor, and my boobs were in my throat!
Im a ftm and I never even knew about the ways to "try" to induce yourself until I got on this website. The way I looked at it was pregnancy changes your body and your not going to feel the same as you did before you got pregnant so yes it's going to be hard to walk yes sleeping is going to be difficult and yes you are going to have aches and pains that you aren't use to. So if you feel you cant take it then don't get pregnant or think about theses thing before you want to get pregnant again.
I agree with you ladies. Im due in 4 days im enjoying every moments of these last few days. The painful moments, hard moments, easy moments and pleasing moments. Why rush? Ive been having pain, discomfort, shortness of breathe but these are the las few days i get to spend with my baby girl inside me, feel her kicks, rolls and punches; the last few days i dont have to worry about using a condom, the last few days i get to be off my feet, and the last few days I get to spend alone with my boyfriend. Im not rushing her. When she wants to come she can come, mommy has everything ready for her to enter into this world, espically arms wide open and a heart full of love. Im So excited to meet my princess, BUT ONLY when shes ready to meet her mommy. Sorry for this being so long.
Awe. That was so sweet. I agree,  the thing I miss the most is feeling her kicking and moving inside me♡♡
I hate when people ridicule moms for trying to self induced labor naturally. It actually works for some people, and if we've reached full term, why not try??? Maybe moms have reasons for wanting to speed things up. You never know. I believe it's a personal option. :) I'm 38 weeks 2 days and I'm not trying to induce yet...but you better believe once I make it to 40 I will be eating pineapple, walking, and having lots of sex!!! It doesn't hurt to try...and it does not make you a bad mom to attempt to speed things up.
noone said it makes you a "bad mom"
I expressed my opinion and agreed with this post. If you didn't then you probably should had just moved on. And not one person on here said "your a bad mom if you try to speed things up" if you hit 40 weeks and want to "try" to self induce yourself then do it it's YOUR decision. My decision is to wait for my child to come on its own and that's what I'm going to do and you do what you want to do.  
I also agree 100% & props to you @aprilann!  First time I ever see a girl that is that far along & not trying to get her baby out. Like these girls said you chose to be pregnant. I dont understand how you come that far & you cant handle a couple weeks more. 37 weeks might be full term but I dont think that means you should try all this stuff to go into labor, obviously your baby isn't ready. I honestly rather be in all the pain & discomfort & go overdue than self induce myself & have my baby when hes clearly not ready.
I have 9 days until I'm 40 weeks pregnant yes I have pain discomfort and want to see my baby but in my family we believe that the baby come when they ready not when you and we all get pregnant around the same time and no one try to induce their labor.
you ladies also have to take into consideration  that some women don't go n into labor  or dilate, even when induced, I also don't believe in myths though the sex thing kindof worries me ftm 1 cm dialated,... dr isn't informative, but there is no scientific  proof of being able to self induce so there's absolutely no arguing with you there, but as for the baby will come when he and she induces ready.... my mom actually lost her first that way they kept inducing her for about a month over her due date til they performed a c section only to find out the baby didn't make it... all because she wasn't physically able to go into labor.... she had the same thing  with my sister and I but they monitored us nd performed a  c section, and no trying to self induce or believing it doesn't make you a bad mom at all :)  every bodies entitled to their own beliefs and can try if they get impatient ( I know I'm getting impatient)
From what I have seen a lot of women prefer to be induced naturally. So when they ask about remedies to be induced they aren't so much looking for some chemical that they can down or insert like caster oil to force the baby out. Walking. Unless you're on bed rest, they tell you to do 20-30 minutes of a day. Sex, unless your doctor tells you otherwise you can do at any point. Eating pineapples.... ITS FOOD. So you guys are telling me that JUST BECAUSE there is a slight chance these things can send me into labor early that I should stop eating or drinking something I may drink or eat on a normal basis. I should stop walking. Stop taking warm bathes. Stop having sex. I mean these are ways to naturally induce labor according to "myth" or "wivestales" soooo.....since I don't want to rush my baby getting here I need to stop.....? People are hurting no one, including their child, by doing these things. Yet they are in the wrong for doing them......yeah. Makes perfect sense.....
I never said stop doing things like sex or eating pineapples or walking but when you are doing things purposely like talking castor oil to force your baby out because you cant walk our sleep or because your your hips hurt then that's where I think it makes no sense. Especially when your 37 weeks or over then wait for you baby to come or wait for your doctor to induce you. Maybe you should go back and re-read my comments. When your pregnant you dont always get what you want just because your in some pain doesn't mean you wake up and say well I'm going to try to induce myself and make my baby come out because I'm uncomfortable.
Or you could do the same and actually read what people say and ask. It'll also help you stop assuming that everyone who comments is talking directly to you. Just a thought.