allergic reaction
I'm currently 12 weeks with my second pregnancy. This is the second time this has happened to me within the last month.  I have been having an allergic reaction to something unknown.  The first time I was at work and it started as a rash on my arms then turned into hives on my chest then the third day my lips were numb. I saw my gyno and she said just take benadryl and monitor. Well ive taken it pretty much everyday since and the rash went away but my eyes have been the problem now. The become so itchy and I cant stop rubbing them. Then I woke up today with them unbelievably swollen. I never had this problem with my first pregnancy, and unfortunately my boss is not very understanding. Has anyone else had random allergic reactions? I keep a food diary and a daily diary and nothing is sticking out.
I did with my first pregnancy. I would get hives and it got so bad one time it was interfering with my breathing. I never did find out what was causing me to have a reaction.
This probably doesn't help but my husband recently had a series of allergic reactions. We finally found out (conclusively I hope) that he is allergic to Xtra brand laundry soap. I had bought it because it was super cheap but its not what we usually get. Consider environmental things, not just food. But with your journal I imagine you are doing so... hope you figure it out!
I had that same issue in my second trimester. I was allergic to the iron in my prenatal pills try eliminating that, I take prenatals without iron and I've been doing great. I went to a specialist and no doctor knew what the issue was until I eliminated my vitamins one by one for a few days.

I hope this could help! It's very common one of my friends had that same issue.