almost like a bruise around my belly button?
so i have the dark line from my belly button and to my pubic bone...i have it above my belly button too haha, but i also noticed that around my belly button it looks bruised, its a darker ring..its not super noticeable, not like black or anything. but its definitely darker. and whenever i push in where it is the area feels softer. has anyone ever noticed this before?
Yes it's called the linea nigra. It's something that some (not all) pregnant women get that has to do with the pigments in their skin reacting to dermal changes during pregnancy...nothing to worry about unless it's tender or spreads...but if it's just a darkened area where you said, then it's perfectly normal :).
yep agree with ashelen... its completely natural due to the hormone change in your body... a lot of ppl don;t get it.. it all depends on ur skin and hair color and how ur body is reacting to the hirmonal changes
well i know i have the linea nigra but i didn't know it could go around your belly button...the color just looks different than the line..almost like a bruise.
i have that too. the funny thing is that on top of my belly button i have a little hole (i used to have it pierced) and somehow the linea nigra goes around it, it doesnt go through!
Lol faye that IS odd! But yes it can go up around the belly button...some women get it from the belly button upwards, some from the belly button downwards....some get it in a ring around the belly button...and any combination of the three :).
I have the exact same thing Rachel. Its so weird, but at least I'm not the only one. Haha thats so funny cause I just pointed out the dark circle around my belly button to my SIL today!! hahaha
lol i know it looks weird too! but my linea nigra goes all the way from the middle of my chest, under my boobs (i mean it starts in between the space under my boobs) all the way down to my pelvis. i cant see where it stops cause i cant see anything under my belly anymore :'(
yay okay im glad im not the only one then!! so many things i haven't really heard about and then when they happen to me im wondering what it is! thanks girls!! :)