bad habits
I'm five weeks almost 6 and I've cut back my smoking habit tremendously.  Went from between a half a pack to a pack day now I smoke one cigarette  a day. I still feel so guilty for smoking. Ive quit before but for some reason its harder now. Even though I have an amazing reason too maybe hormones any tips to quit or someone who has gone through this.
I'm six weeks and smoking about 3-4 a day we'll stop when were ready
congrats on goin down to one a day :) i smoked the 1st two months of my pregnancy (didnt know i was pregnant) Smoking was making me sick i would gag and everything and thee smell so bad to me now, i still miss smoking but i just gotta keep on staying away from it im just worried about after the birth good luck on quitting i know how hard it is :)
Yes smoking while pregnant is a bad habbit, but quitting cold turkey is also bad for you and the baby.  If you are stressed because of not being able to have a cigarette, then the baby is stressed too.  I congratulate you for going from 1/2 pack to 1 cigarette a day.  If you want to be able to cut that last one out... try and have that one smoke every other day... and a week later, leave 3 days in between and so on.  Good luck and Congrats!!!
Thanks everyone!
This helped me as well thanks y'all, I'm 27 weeks and have a two year old and an almost one year old and just got married and just started renting our first house and have been very stressed and went from.a pack a day to one.or two cigarettes a day back up to half a pack a day and have felt so bad about it. It calms me down though and I don't blow up so easily
I have a 21/2 year old step son getting married in a month as well and moving so i know how you feel Mrssandefur!! Its stressful! the house is covered in boxes and you just want it to be clean. Its hard being tired and unpacking, that cigarette helps me during the day. I'm going to talk to my doctor when i go in in a week about helpful ways to quit.
I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. I smoked just under a back a day. I found out I was prego and quit smoking altogether in less than a week. As far as quitting. It was easy. I don't smoke in the house and I've got two kids. They way I see it is; I would never go into my kids room and light up a smoke. And since my baby has made a room in me for the next little while, that was all the convincing it took for me. And on top of it my kids are so happy I finally quit. U just have to want to do it and as a mom we always want the best for our kids. And the Dr said in no way will quitting cold turkey affect Ur baby. Nor will it stress the baby. He's flat out said women just say that to make an excuse as to why they shouldn't quit right away. And only cause it makes them fell better when they get cranky and emotional. It doesn't have that effect on Ur growing baby so nor will it stress the baby to quit. Almost all drugs require a cold turkey stop. If u don't flush Ur body of those chemicals Ur body will always want it. If u can go one whole day without smoking then u can for two and three and so on. By then it would taste and smell so bad u wouldn't want it. Just the smell of someone else smoking nearly sends me straight to toilet now. Lol. Smoke free 3 1/2 weeks now. And I don't miss it one bit.
Have you tried the electronic cigarettes?
it was INCREDIBLY hard to quit for me. I too was stuck at 1 cigarette a day for a few weeks and then I just stopped. don't stress over it it won't help it will make it worse just know that getting down to one is a HUGE accomplishment and keep thinking its for the best for the baby and u will stop :o) good luck! its worth it!
Just wanted to say, well done to all who have managed to quit or cut back so dramatically, I'm sure it isn't easy. Its such a shame that its so difficult for people to post on here about difficulties quitting smoking or folk who may wonder if they can have 1 glass of wine at a wedding or birthday party, as they are made to feel terrible about it, even if they havent done it!!! We ALL have a tough job as parents and however our lifestyles differ, we all deserve support wherever and whenever it is needed. So good luck to all you ladies trying desperately to quit smoking, I have no doubt you will all do your best : )
I am 10 weeks and have been cutting back since I found out but it wasn't working for me.  I talked with my Dr and she told me to use the him for a few days to help but if I did that I wasn't allowed to smoke.  I am starting that today but I have also heard that cinnamon sticks help.  That since there are the same size as a cigarette sucking on them helps.  My best friend also said she used licorice when she quit and it helped.  
The electronic cigarette still have the nicotine. I've been trying chewing gum but the flavors can make me sick at times.