beach & pregnancy
im 6 months pregnant ( with a boy! ) and since its been so nice out lately, ive been wondering if it would be a problem if i layed out in the sun or a little while. i know you cant go tanning at a tanning salon, so i didnt know if just laying out was the same thing? Thanks!
I think it would be no problem as long as you use sunscreen and don't stay out too long to where you are overheated. Our skin during pregnancy is more prone to burning as it is sensitive to the sun, so just use a good sunscreen! I'm so ready for spring/summer here. I live in Omaha, NE and yesterday we had 65 degree, sunny weather and today....32 degree, snowy weather! Enjoy the warmth!
thanks! i know i cant wait for summer eigther. its kinda like that here in MASS. 65 one day, rainy the next!
Thanks for posting this question I was wondering that myself it is 80 here where I live :)
I am 21 weeks with a boy too.  Congrats.
I am no doc but I would assume that any kind of Vitamin D consumption would be good as long as you take it in safely. You are def prone to burning quickly while preg. Apply sunscreen frequently (more than usual) and be sure to bring some ice water out with you to keep hydrated. I wish it was beach weather here in Montreal QC, but I guess I will just have to accept the beautiful March weather we have been getting. Enjoy!
I agree with the others, make sure u are keeping hydrated, and using sun screen.  Oh gosh do I wish it was warm here, we had 2 weeks of 60 degree weather and now it is back to snowing it has been snowing since last night and has not stoped since.  Oh gosh thats what you get in Michigan. lol.  But im very thankful I will have my baby in May before it gets too hot :)  Have fun and enjoy yourself
yep I'm 23wks and headed to the beach next weekend...just gotta make sure you use LOTS of strong sunscreen, because a bad sunburn can cause pre-term contractions...and dehydration can too! make sure to reapply the sunscreen often, wear a hat and i would recommend a light cover shirt too, just to be on the safe side. you'll still get the sun and the vitamin d but you really want to avoid the burn.