Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
bleeding after delivery

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bleeding after delivery

How long am i supposed to bleed after delivery?  I had my daughter 16 days ago and i know the nurse told me all of this before we left the hospital, but for the life of me i cannot remember what she told me.  I am just going to blame it on lack of sleep :)
as far as i remember a lot of women bleed for around 6 weeks.for me it was close to 7.congrats on your new baby
This is how it was for me. I bled for 4 weeks. The 1st week was like a really heavy period. The 2nd week was like a normal period. The 3rd was a very light period. And the 4th was barely anything...more just like mucus and junk coming out. But women can bleed anywhere from 4-6 weeks after delivery, some shorter, some longer. The more rest you get, the faster you will heal.
4-6 weeks is a standard timeframe but some women may bleed for shorter or longer than that.
I bled for about 4 weeks.
I bled for about 5 weeks after.  I went on the pill at 6 weeks post partum and I started bleeding again for like 3 weeks straight.  I just finished my 2nd month of pills and my body finally adjusted.
You will bleed for up to six weeks. It's okay if you don't though. I only bled for about one and a half weeks after my last son and thought something was wrong but it's alright if you don't bleed that long. You might even bleed a bit longer but you should still be seeing your OB pretty often so she can keep an eye on everything and make sure you're doing well after having the baby and she/he can let you know if you've bled too long if it goes more than 6 weeks and you're not sure how long is too long.
hansen20 I didn't gain any weight un... Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
KeeLolo, desderius, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy