Aa
A
A
Close
bleeding for 5 months after c section!
I had a c section 5 months ago and became the mother of a beautiful little girl.  I bleed the normal 6 weeks after delivery and was put on birthcontrol. While on the birth control i bleed 2 to 3 weeks out of every month. I gave up taking them becasue all the doctor was doing was switching them or making me double them and it wasnt helping. I quit them a week ago to see if it was the birth control making me bleed or if there was something else wrong with me. I thought maybe something ruptured from the c section or maybe im pregnant and the pills were harming the baby, i dont know. So after stopping the pills I quit bleeding for a almost a week and starting again this morning. I am so sick of this, sometimes it is light and sometimes it is so sooo heavy. I am calling the doctor first thing Monday morning and going to try to make an appointment to see her in person, instead of just going through her nurses on the phone. Has this ahppened to anyone else??? please help, thank you
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yikes - Im sorry you have been going through this and I really hope get some answers next week.  All I can offer is this: if you arent satisfied with your doctors response on Monday, you might consider getting a second opinion.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
377012 tn?1283969035
my sis-in-law done this exact same thing with her first child, she too thought it was birth control so she stopped taking it and continued to bleed...2 weeks after stopping birth control they found out that she was hemmoraging!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
362249 tn?1441318618
My aunt said she bled for 3 months after her last c-section and when she went to the dr they had to give her a depo B/C shot to get it stop! But i would definetly go bk to the dr and get examined and get an answer!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
thanks for your comments! i called the doctor and they acted like they were more worried about me not being on birth control then they were me bleeding for so long!! I was so mad. I have a "follow up" appointment at the end of the month and I am going to demand to be thourally(sp?) checked! if they wont do it im gonna c about going to another doctor.  It just makes me soo mad becasue they kept asking what kind of birthcontrol i wanted to try. I just had to say that I do not want on anything until I get my body healed! geeeez people....so hopefully I stop soooooon
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne commented on photo
Dec 02
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank