blood type and shots??
my blood type is o+ and my husband believes his is o-. i am 24 weeks and see my dr on the 14th... im just wondering would i have to take the shots like someone with rh- blood bc the fact im a pos blood type and if he is a neg type??
No you do not need a rhogam shot if you are rh positive .. Even if dad is rh negative.  The shot is only needed if you are negative and daddy is positive because even if baby is negative it means that baby is missing a certain protein on the blood cells which wont cause any harm. The only time you get the shot is when you are negative and there is a chance baby is positive because if there is any transfer in blood between you and baby you have a possibility of becoming sensitized.   However from what you say there is no need for you to get the rhogam shot.
Yes...when your opposite (doesnt matter who is neg or who is pos) you need the shots to prevent antibodies from forming...i dont think it matters this preg...but from my understanding it will keep you from any subsequent pregnacies...my brother and sister in law went thru this and they had four!!
no, its only if you're o- you need them as we produce antibodies against the + rh factor. O- is the universal donor so any other blood group wont produce antibodies against the - factor.
im so confused... i just dont want to risk my chances of having more babies later on...i know i am forsure o positive but he thinks he is o neg but he doesnt remember :/
No that's wrong I'm rh negative and have done lots of research.  If u are rh positive you do not need the rhogam shot.  Being rh negative means only that your blood is missing a protein that most people have.   If u are positive and daddy is neg then baby could be either pos or neg but even if baby is neg and your blood does cross then nothing with happen because there is just an absence of the protein.   If you were neg and dad was pos thn baby could be positive,  in that case if there was a transfer in blood between you and baby your body would see the unrecognized protein and think its a threat and create antibodies to destroy the baby's red blood cells. Which can lead to a mess of problems but as you said you are pos so you will not need the shot.  (Pregnant with number 4 and B-)  also blood type ie: a b ab o makes no difference with the shot, it is only the rh factor in mom.
They could be right...cuz i think my sil was neg...and my brother is pos...just call your drs tmr :)
k ty so much... that helps
im just guna ask him about it when i see him tues but thanks for yalls help
On a side note your doc knows your blood type and would absolutely give you the shot if you were neg and needed it. Wish you luck on your pregnancy :)
ty
I was concerned about this as well since my husband is A- and I am A+, Before I talked to my OB I just thought if your blood is different from your partners (As in one of you is positive, the other is negative) that you had to get the rhogam shot, but that isn't the case. You only have to get the shot if your negative and your partner is positive,  for the reasons the ladies above posted:) Hope this helps, and Good Luck with your pregnancy!