Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
boy or girl

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

boy or girl

Was just wondering how accurate the gender prediction is if the ultrasound is done at 18 weeks. She said boy but I really didn see it ...
Its pretty accurate. I always make sure that they confirm later in pregnancy though just because I'm a nervous nilly.
They're pretty accurate.  Especially the scans on boys
They see it all the time so they know what they are looking for.  If you don't believe it you can have another scan or do a 3D scan later in the pregnancy.  
Ultrasound is not generally considered a 'prediction', (either they see 3 distinct lines that is the labia of a girl or the penis of a boy or they are not sure)and 18 weeks is a pretty standard time to do one for the sake or determining the baby's sex. Doctors and ultrasound techs know what they are doing and what they are looking at even if you don't. It is greater than 95% accurate, but only the person who did your scan knows how good they saw the baby's genitalia. I would not count on it being wrong.
My dr told me I was having a boy at 13 weeks. I didn't believe he could tell that early but I'm 27 weeks and having a healthy baby boy :)
Thanx everyone had my 2nd u/s n I.seen his lil bird plain as day this time :-)
I had my first ultrasound at 16 weeks and the dr told me i was definitely having a little boy but then when i went back at 28 weeks they said no no it's definitely a little girl. I said no you all showed me before its a boy she disagreed and showed me her proof of it being a girl so i said ok and went on to have a pink baby shower. I ended up taking a pink outfit and a blue outfit to the hospital just in case and guess what... we left wearing BLUE yes i had a handsome little boy and a whole lot of returning to do. I'm just glad we choose a gender neutral theme to decorate the nursery in.
KeeLolo, desderius, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy