Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
braxton hicks?..mucous plug loss at 22 weeks??!!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

So I am 22 weeks along, and this entire pregnancy (my first) i've experienced this feeling that i assumed was the baby turning/flipping; i've come to realize that the feeling i have been having are braxton hicks contractions. Is it normal to have these so early? am i in danger of going into preterm labor?
A few days ago, i also noticed a large chunk (sry lol) of mucous when i wiped. could this have been my mucous plug? Is it possible for a women to continually lose her mucous plug during pregnancy?
any advice would be nice :) im trying to decide if i should let things play out until my next appointment or give my doc a call or head to the birth center
The braxton hicks for me felt like a tightening of my whole belly but they weren't painful until later on. I actually didn't notice them a lot until later than that but I know you can get them that early. Just keep you eye out and if you notice a trend in when they are coming then you may want to call someone I would think, just to be on the safe side. Could even just be your baby stretching too.
Your mucous plug isn't really much of a chunk but more of like a gooey slimy glob! But you could lose it and then your body will regenerate it up until you really are ready for birth. You can definitely bring it up to your doctor at your next appointment.
I wouldn't worry unless you are feeling pains that you are able to time, if you are bleeding or leaking fluid!
If your braxton hicks are regular you should call your doctor to let them know.  22wks isn't too early but a lot of times they are caused by not taking in enough fluids. Make sure you are staying well hydrated.  Don't be afraid to call your doctor if you are concerned,  that's what they are there for :)
Oh ya, I never thought about mentioning that. I remember being told to drink a nice big glass of water and they more than likely would subside!
thanks ladies. i feel a bit better. I havent had a smooth pregnancy. i've also been cramping the past few days. I also have spilled protein at my last two visits and have a high resting heart rate. So all these things combined makes me very nervous! but i have been drinking my water so i know its not that
Yea, as long as the BH are not coming in a pattern or more than 4-6 in an hour you are fine. Drink lots of fluid! Discharge is completely normal, as long as you are not spotting. You can lose bits of your mucus plug, but it will keep rebuilding itself.
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
kesby1212 commented on When You Need to Know...
KTowne commented on photo
Aug 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy