Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
brown spotting during 6 weeks of pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I will have an appointment to see Dr. next week.  In the meantime I was bleeding (like brown spotting when I wipe)  Is this normal?  Please help.  I had no cramping or aches.  I feel very normal.  Thanks for all your help.
Brown blood is old blood.
Hey there, I would def see your doctor. My worst fear came to reality last week. My story is this. The first day of my last period was Dec 20/09. I found out I was pregnant Feb 1/10 by taking a hpt. The next day I started spotting brown blood. So of course I look online for answers. Some people saying that its normal, some with a horrible outcome. I wasnt sure what to do, and because I didnt have any cramping I didnt feel the need to go to the ER. On Feb 5, I started getting mild cramping. It didnt even bother me nor did I notice it, unless I was doing nothing (watching tv, or laying in bed). The cramping and spotting (which was very light) continued, so on Feb 9 I went to the ER. They gave me a us, and said they couldnt see anything, but the blood I had was "old blood" They checked my hormones, and said they were at 107, which was low for being 7 weeks pregnant. They referred me to a "early pregnancy assessment clinic" the next morning. I was scared, but still thought possitive, as the doctor told me hormone levels vary from woman to woman, and perhaps my dates were wrong. So I went to the clinic, all filled with pregnant woman. Just seeing them got me even more excited. Finally when it was my turn to see the doctor, they performed a vaginal us. They said they could not see anything, but still said maybe I was wrong in my dates and would have to check my hormone levels. They dropped to 35! :(
They told me I indeed had a miscarriage. I cried, and cried that whole day. It was over, so they told me.... The next day I had severe cramping, I was in soooo much pain, and I started to bleed heavy. I passed the sac, which at first I thought was a blood clot, but taking a closer look was more of a greyish color.
...The doctor told me to wait a regular cycle before I try again.
So please dont try and let the internet be your final diagnosis, as everyone is different. What you could be experiencing could be normal, and sadly it may not. I hope your situation turns out to be nothing and you go on to have a healthy pregnancy. But please see or consult a doctor.
hansen20 23 more days!! to be honest... Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 11 more days until we find ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy