Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
butterflies

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

butterflies

I'm 8 weeks and throughout the day I feel butterflies in my belly. What could this be?
Thats how a lot of ppl describe the first movements but 8 weeks would be very early to feel baby.
I'm not sure what it could be, but it can't be the baby yet because it's not even an inch long at 8 weeks.
you can feel movement from as early as 10 weeks not for a 1st time mother though. i had a discussion with midwife about a month ago about this. people are very opinionated about movements guidlines do show usually movement feeling is around 15-22 weeks, and that is is uncommon to feel movement before this, but it is not impossible. but 8 weeks is to early to be feeling baby move espically for a 1st time pregnancy :).
in pregnancy you have gassy stomachs and alot of the time this is mistaken for movement.
Its most likely gas. you have to remember that your uterus is getting bigger which pushes up into your other organs so you may feel gas a little different then before, plus being prego you may have more gas... its so easy to mistaken gas for babys movement even if you are a second time mom... after i had my daughter like months after i had it in my head that i could be prego (i hadnt had a period as i was nursing) and i swore i could feel the exact movements that i felt when i was pregnant and i wasnt pregnant and then i started to pay attention even more and there were so many times that i blamed the baby that was most likely not the baby!(like when i was VERY prego|) i was talking to one of my friends that went through the same thing and  she looked it up... its called phantom kicks... so anyway im gonna see what i figure this round to see if i can actually know when its baby for sure or not...im almost 10 weeks and feel little flutters but i know its just gas from paying attention before but i could see how ppl mistaken it for baby...  
hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy