can Castor oil kill my unborn son?
hi im 3days overdue and very fed up i have tryed everythink but nothing seems 2 work will Castor oil help or hurt my unborn son? please help me

no it will not and midwifes use it often but if you are not ripe it will do nothing! You can use evening primrose pil on your cervix break a capsle open if you can't find the actaul oil. BUt sex helps as does sitting on a birthing ball to helpencourage baby to come down.

But yoru "DUE DATE" is rea;;y a joke and mean to moms as it is yoru due month not due day! Two weeks before to two weeks after is when you should go. Baby needs time to develope aand things are happening in there you don;t see, so he might need to be in there.

But the EP will help as does red rasberyy tea. WOman who have regualer sex less often find them selfs going later
Well caster oil will give you raging diahrea and possibly dehydrate you which isnt good, it wont hurt the baby though.  Try red rasberry leaf tea, take a shower point the water on your breasts and wash them with a rough wash cloth(stimulates oxytocin production to get labor started) Have sex, walk, run, eat fresh pineapple, spicy food,accupressure, evening primrose oil...good luck
Yea, it doesn't work unless your body is ready and you should never take it unless your doctor or midwife is giving it to you. I took it with my son because I was dilated and in labor, but not consistent enough. It worked, but I had diarrhea prior to giving birth and did indeed get dehydrated. I never want to take it again. Try bouncing on an exercise ball, walking, sex, etc. It will happen when baby is ready!!
Castor oil won't kill your baby but honestly if baby is still in there it's for a reason so it's not good to make baby come before baby is ready as baby could have developmental delays, breathing problems and such. You have made it this far, what's a few more days for the health of your child?
Okay, I've never been pregnant, but I've heard stories from mothers-to-be my whole life long.  I think it's wise to not get unduly stressed out over being a little bit past the "official" due date.  Those are very good educated guesses for when your baby is coming and your doctor is not an idiot or anything, but the baby comes when the baby comes.  Unless there is a medical reason for it, you should not need to worry about being induced into labor.

I know that my own mother was late with me.  Two weeks, in fact.  So, relax and let nature take care of you and baby.  Your doctor will let you know if there is a medical reason to induce labor.  And, what everyone has said about not taking the castor oil without instruction is absolutely right on.  Even without being pregnant it isn't a good idea to use stuff like that without proper instruction, because you really can become dehydrated.  Dehydration is NOT something you want to become, but especially right now.

Do your utmost to take good care of yourself and relax and enjoy yourself.  Relaxing is hard in today's world, and I'm sure it must be hard to relax when you're very pregnant, but relax as much as you can.  Relaxing will help the muscles in your body relax and will help your overall well-being.  Nothing harmful ever happened to anyone relaxing as much as reasonably possible.  It doesn't mean ignoring the facts, it just means that you will help yourself by reducing the stress.  You don't need to add to any stress load you have.  Relaxing music and a calm environment will definitely help and is sound advice whether you're pregnant or not pregnant.  What the ladies said about your exercise ball and healthy exercise and even sex with your significant other (if you're comfortable enough) are all a lot healthier options.  It sounds odd, but proper exercise helps relax people.

And, it's true about not getting overly stressed and worried about being past due.  Better to wait the few days to even two weeks or so, because of what SunWorshiper_26 said, too.  Baby may still need the time to finish developing.  Really, unless a doctor has a VALID medical reason to induce labor--relax and wait for nature to take its course.
Castor oil will not harm you or the baby. It will either cause you to go into labor, or it can cause your labor to begin the process. Or, it won't do anything at all. It is a rather nasty thing. I took 2 table spoons last night and whound up in the hospital for early labor and came home. I wouldn't recommend it. The affects I got from it weren't as bad as most ppl. I experimented and won't do it again. The nurses and doctor reassured me NOTHING can happen to you or the baby after ingesting castor oil.

- momma 2 be.
I took to much castor oil. My baby had breathing problems and cause my baby not responding to anything including feeding. After the castor oil was out of her system. My baby was doing a lot better.
YES. CASTOR OILS EFFECT CAB CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS FOR YOUR BABY!
Most women don't know this, but it can cause your baby to pass its first bowl movement in the womb! Which can be DANGEROUS!

Please do not take castor oil without your doctors consent. Or without your doctors knowledge.