can i be a pregnant beach bum?
hi girls, i am a huge fan of summer time!  i spend most of my summer at the beach or pool.  this is my first pregnancy.  what are the precautions that i need to take at the beach?  i am usually out there for 6-8 hours.  i know that i can't boogie board, body surf, etc...  how long do you think is safe to spend outside?  i usually tan pretty easily...is this dangerous for baby?  i know that my body temp shouldn't rise above 102 degrees so is that the main issue with being in the sun/beach/pool while pregnant?  any advice is appreicated!  thanks so much in advance!!!  :-)
You can spend all day outside so long as you use sunscreen and stay in the shade and keep cool. Also, STAY HYDRATED---that is the most important for the baby. I wouldn't go in the water, though, in case something happened. But hanging out at the beach should be FUN!
Actually, swimming is a great exercise to do when you are pregnant.  You are weight less so it relieves pressure from your back!!  I would however, take it easy and not over do it!!  
It's not the swimming that concerns me, it is the currents and creatures (like sting rays and jellyfish) and I don't know if you can get an infection from the water.
thank you very much!  i will definitely use the sunscreen and drink plenty of water.  i won't swim in the ocean pregnant because of the dangers, but will definitely swim in the pool.  i am thinking about doing water aerobics this summer.
i tried to be a pregnant beach bum w/ my 1st pregnancy.  i thought i could do it w/ no problem b/c i lived at the beach my whole life and was always out in the sun...  but it didn't quite work w/ me!  i got heat exhaustion even sitting under an umbrella!  i tried going fishing w/ dh... and i made it through about up to my 7th month being out at his football games...  and i just couldn't take the heat!!!  hopefully it will work better for you.  have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
oh no, i hope that doesn't happen to me!  i just love being at the beach/pool!!  i will give it a try in small dosages and hopefully i'll be okay.  who knows though...this is my first pregnancy and i am quickly learning that my body has been totally taken over by baby.  my body is reacting differently than before to different things, so we will see...