cant catch my breath
This is really, really awful. I am 7-weeks pregnant with my second child. Over the past couple weeks this symptom has been getting worse and worse. Along with the typical nausea that I am experiencing, I feel as though I cannot catch my breath. I will be standing at work, and I feel like I am going to pass out from lack of oxygen. Some people have suggested that maybe it's low blood sugar....but if I eat something or drink juice it does not get any better. Others say it sounds like low blood pressure. I work at a nursing home, and if I have the nurse take my blood pressure, its always normal. The only thing that helps is if I lay down for a while on my side. This is not an option for me, as I have a very busy schedule!! Sometimes it seems like the whole room is spinning, and I feel like I am going to fall down. I even see spots sometimes. WHAT is this??? I had this same feeling when I was pregnant with my first child, but I had it at the end of the pregnancy, and the Dr said that it was b/c the baby was pushing up my lungs, reducing their capacity. But that wouldn't be the case right now. Please, please, if anybody has any idea what this could be, or how to make it go away, please let me know. I cannot work, or care for my daughter, or even drive my car!!
i don't know what's wrong, but i suggest you get a referral to a pulmonologist. They can do a breathing study to help determine what is going on. i was recently referred to one because i was having palpatations along with shortness of breath. Since the cardiologist couldn't find anything, my OB thought we'd try and discover if the shortness of breath was causing the palpatations instead of the opposite.

i have also heard the some people get vertigo while pregnant. i don't know much about it, but you may want to look it up.
It could also be anxiety. I also agree with tiredbuthappy; see a pulmonologist just to rule out any physical problems first, then perhaps find out if you might have anxiety.
Many pregnant women, even as early as yourself, experience shortness of breath. Your heart is pumping 50% more blood than a non-pregnant woman. I am less than 5 weeks pregnant and noticed today that I get out of breath when I exert myself and I'm in shape.

But your situation seems a little more urgent. I would suggest getting a medical expert's advice on what to do.
dont stuff around with this go to the dr none of us on here know what you need to do to fix this you need to see the doctor asap, this can be dangerous i had very similar with my first child but not till 30wks then i was on bed rest for 5 wks :(
i know you say your too busy but really you need to rest, everything else will wait it has to just look after your daughter and put your feet up on your side you need to do this then do it your body knows best dont fight it.
I started having that at 5 weeks, i would hyperventalate and couldnt breathe. It lasted pretty much all throughout. Im 32 weeks, but i think im use to it now or it just eased up. Its from the hormones. Now its from hormones and uterus crushing my lungs. I would still talk with your doctor but if you find you are hyperventalating, breathe in a paper bag or cup your hands and inhale the carbon to get your breathing back on track. Always breathe slowly and focus on your breathing. I had too.