central placenta previa
I'm at present in my 27th week with Complete Placenta Previa. Request some advices.
I would also like to know the chances of bleeding(%).

Regards,
geetha
at 13 weeks they diagnosed me with this previa but at my 20 week exam they said i dont have it and my placenta is out the way..basically what it means your placenta is covering your cervix which means if you were to go into labor and deliver your placenta would come before your baby and there would be no exit for the baby which is why with complete previa you have to have a c-section...now as far as bleeding you are likely to start bleeding close to your due date because of the placenta begining to thin out and if you have alot of bleeding you will have to spend the rest of the time in the hospital until your baby is due because the possiblity of hemorrhaging but i think they will go inn for a c-section if it gets that bad....the good news is the placenta moves up quite a bit in the 3rd trimester so you have plenty of time for your placenta to correct itself
I was diagnosed with complete previa at 18 wks, they said it should move but now at 30 weeks it has not budged. My dr. is planning on delivering the baby csection at 38 weeks. I've done a lot of research on previa and the concern is bleeding, possible hemorrhaging, and intrauterine growth restriction. So if continues to be, they will do frequent ultrasounds to make sure baby is growing adequately. with the placenta being that low, it is farthest from the greatest source of blood supply, which is near top and/sides of fundus (uterus), that is why the baby might not continue to grow as it would normally. Delivery would be the answer there.
80% of those with previa bleed, 20% do not.
Hope that helps.
I am 27 weeks and have been put in the hospital for the duration of my pregnancy cuz of hemmorhaging. It doesn't always end up this way. But the first sign of blood I'd go immediately to the er. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones. Just stay off your feet as much as possible. Don't lift if you don't have to. Just be extra careful and definitely no sex. I'd refrain from even a orgasm since that makes your uterus contract. Take shorter showers and no baths. The less heat I think would keep you from bleeding. Just hang in there and don't stress. I'm sure it'll work out ok.