cervix out
i am 13wks pregant, and my cervix is hanging out when i stand or walk, even just to do hair and makeup. i tried laying down feet elevated it helps, but i also have a 7yr old, my obgyn says it is normal, i did not do this with the other one even thou i started dialating around 6months, i had a normal birth, what should i do? i heard you can miscarry, i am very scared.
How do you know its hanging out?
The thought of your cervix hanging out doesn't sound good at all. I would see a doctor immediately!!
By the sounds of it you have what they call a prolapse. Its when the muscles in the vaginal wall are weakened and it basically folds in on itself. Its probably not the cervix that is hanging out but the vaginal walls. The weakening may have been caused by the first pregnancy and now the pressure of the second has cause the prolapse. Unfortunately as your pregnant they cant do anything to put it right i.e surgery. I dont know how this would affect your birth plan but thats something to discuss with your obstetrician when you next see them. Dont worry to much about it, its more common than you would think.