Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
constipated bad pains

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

constipated bad pains

I'm 25 weeks and I'm constipated really bad I have tried all the things the Dr told me and its not working this is my second child n this didn't happen with my first one. I'm carrying a lot lower this time than last so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. I also have real bad back pain n its my whole back can someone help?
you need to make sure your your drinking at least 6 glasses of water per day and having a good amount of fibre, raw muesli for breakfast or rolled oats made into porridge as well, wholegrain bread, fresh veges and fruit, 1 kiwi fruit per day will soften everything up as well, also pear juice is very good to help things along as well
Eat oranges and drink pure orange juice that should help u
I don't know what the dr. has told you but did he say colace (stool softener), miralax (for fiber) and I know how crazy this sounds but hot decaffinated tea?
In the same boat...my first pregnancy left me with ibs, it disappeared during my second pregnancy, and returned after but this time round its really bad, all my usual tricks are not working well. dont have any special advice...but i feel your pain! And im only 8wks 5days, got a long way to go!!!
I was taking Zofran for the vomiting, and it definitely increased the constipation.  I was told on top of all the dietary intake of fresh fruits and veggies, that colace stool softener is safe, if that didn't work well miralax is good, and if I still couldn't go then I could use the senna laxative.  Senakot is the brand and senna is the generic.  That is the only thing that finally worked for me, and I usually have to take 1 dose a week.
A glass of prune juice morning and night helps me out. Also, if you are having gas pains (I also get them in my back from time to time, BAD!) you can try Ovol for adults. Check with your doctor but it's supposed to be safe to take.
Thanks I have done the mirlax n stool softeners I go to the Dr tomorrow so I'm going to talk with her about it again
When my daughter was having problems going the dr told me apple juice. Try that. Good luck
My sister has the worst constipation she swears a fiber one bar saved her life and hemroids this pregnancy
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy