contractions at 23 weeks
Im 23weeks and i was admitted into the hospital. I worked until 3pm and my job requires me on my feet all day long. I went to the hospital after work and they hooked me up to the monitor and I was having a few contractions, so I they hooked me up to an IV and I drank lots of water.. I went to sleep and through the night I didn't have any contractions. My question is. Is this normal to have with being dehydrated? The dr just kept talking of babies being born at 24 weeks. My mind or nerves weren't at ease at all. Now I'm on bedrest for a week until I see my obgyn at 24 weeks. I'm a basket case right now.
Bump..
I think the longer you keep off ypur feet and rest hopefully the longer baby can stay safe. I know dehydration affects all us pregnant ladies in werid and sometimes dangerous ways so the best thing is keep drinking as much water as you can and fingers crossed you will be okay and have the healthy pregnancy you deserve. Good luck and I hope your okay
Sorry I didnt actually answer your question.. no I do not think being dehydrated brings on contractions
Dehydration is one of the most common causes of preterm labor. So yes, dehydration can bring on contractions if severe enough. Rest, keep hydrated, and listen to whatever drs say to keep baby safe! Your in my thoughts.
Dab is right. Contractions are often brought on with dehydration. That's why if you start having them, drs tell you to sit down with a big glass of water and relax for a bit and see if you can get them to Go away. I've been having contractions since about 22 weeks and I'm 31+1 now, still full time in college and work full time plus remodeling my house and taking care of my husband. I get contractions every night but dr isn't worried about it and neither am i until she is :) good luck hun just take it easy and have water in your hand at all times!
Yes being dehydrated can cause contractions. I have been hospitalized twice for it and that is one of tje firsf signs the doctors told me to look for. Now I'm 25 weeks and have them any time I'm on my feet to mich. Good luck!!!!
Being dehydrated while pregnant can force your body into labor. Be sure to drink plenty of water. And if you're on your feet all the time you should drink more water than what is already suggested