cornual pregnancy
Hi, my name is Maya.  I recently had surgery to remove a cornual pregnancy.  I was only 5 and half weeks pregnant and started having some bleeding.  The doctor took me into surgery almost immediately.  He removed the pregnancy, the fallopian tube, and the part of the uterus that was affected.  The doctor says I can have children in the future but will require a c-section.  He is hopeful, but I am concerned.  Especially if this happens again on the other side.  Then my chances of future pregnancies are gone.  Has anyone had a successful pregnancy since having a cornual pregnancy surgically removed?
My friend did not have a pregnancy, but had to have a fallopian tube removed due to cysts and has had one successful pregnancy since.......I'm assuming that after surgery your Dr. sutured the site of the uterus that had to be removed, in which case it would be similar to having a C-Section.....I'm sure that your Dr. is being honest with you in saying that you should not have problems in the future maintaining a pregnancy......If you were to lose the other tube, then of course there would be no future pregnancies...but that's a risk with all pregnancies.  Very sorry for your loss and best wishes.
I recently had a laparscopy for removal of a cornual pregnancy. (just on the left cornua, right outside the tube) Mine was a little different, since the baby had no heart beat, when we first went for our initial OB, i was suppoused to be 8 weeks and 5 days, instead the baby was measuring 6 weeks..
After going back and forward between 2 methotrexate shots, blood tests, the hospital and what not, hoping that the g. sac will absorb on its own and take its natural course, 3 weeks after we first heard the bad news, i had to have an emergency surgery, because the g. sac wasnt going anywhere and i was at risk of rupture. It actially grew a little after my first methotrexate shot. The HCG levels were droping good, but that g. sac wasnt going away..
I lost almost 2 liters of blood during my surgery, thank GOD , my doctor made everything possible to save me, my tubes and mu uterus! It took me a while to recover, but now almost 2 months after the surgery, i am starting to think about getting pregnant again ( of course i have to wait one more month before i even start trying!)I have to do an HSG test after my 3rd period..
I am just trying to find out if someone had been through the same thing as me?? I still have my tubes, but i have 4 stitches on my uterus.. I was told i might not be able to give birth naturally, but after my surgery, my Dr said, im going to be ok and i can have a baby not only with a c-section, that surgery went really good and im going to be FINE.
I also want to know how many women out there got pregnant after having a cornual pregnancy, without their tubes removed and just few stitches on their uterus..
Any information would be helpful, i just want to talk to someone about it, because it feels like im all alone in my endless nightmare..  All i want is to have a baby with my husband, whom i adore and love with all my heart. After the m/c in April 2007 and the cornual pregnancy in Feb, 2008 i am kind of lost..
Best of luck to all of you. xxx