Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
curious

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

curious

my friend is 21 weeks pregnant and is doing drugs will that show up in her urine sample when she goes to see her obgyn?
Yes more than likely.  Also, most docs test for drugs at least twice through blood samples, and your friend probably signed consent at her first appointment.  Most drugs stay in the blood and urine stream for quite a while.
Yeah I think they will because they check for EVERYTHING they did in mine ages ago, told me everything like when there was too much salt or sugar and things like that...

Good luck to her, Im sure things will be okay.

x
It depends on whether or not her doctor routinely tests for those kinds of things or has a suspicion and tests.  Some doctors do and some don't.  But your friend  NEEDS To make her doctor aware of what she is doing so that her baby can be monitored before and after delivery for any complications that can come about due to this drug use.  It could also be the first step to getting her some much needed help.  
my friend told me about her friend that was doing drugs while preg...the ob found out about it (through tests) and confirmed it at birth when the baby tested positive as well...needless to say the baby was taking from the mother after....the baby didnt ask to be put in that situation

im not quite sure of your question exactly but if you are referring to illegal drugs then yes they can show up and YES the mother can lose the baby
Yes and when it shows that she has been using drug they will let the state know . So when its time to have the baby they will take her child from her, and she will have no say so in with anything. So my advice is that your friend quites while she is ahead. There is nothing worse than living with the guilt of losing your child because you could not stop using while your pregnant.
This is an old thread, Bradsbabies, but it's important to note something here:

Actually do NOT quit any drug cold turkey while pregnant. If you are doing drugs and pregnant, you MUST inform your OB because even if you quit halfway through your pregnancy, it can still be detected in the baby's meconium after birth and they will know. The only thing you can do is come clean to your OB about everything (they don't want to take your baby away - the only take your baby away when you have been dishonest and they discover drugs in your system after birth....if you are honest, they may refer you to a social worker but they will not take your child).

So to anyone coming after who reads this thread, be honest with your OB, or you WILL be in trouble when they discover that you have hidden drug use from them. And do NOT quit cold turkey - even cigarettes quit cold turkey during pregnancy can cause miscarriage from the trauma it causes on your system. Always always seek a doctor's advice before stopping any drug while pregnant, and if you're afraid of getting in trouble - you will get in more trouble if they discover the use after birth, than if you come clean and get help while pregnant. Almost all use will be detectable after birth in the baby's meconium, so please don't think you can trick them or get away with it.
Well i had to comment even though everyone is diff i homestly smoked weed when i was pregnant n tha doctors never mentioned anything about drugs being in my system i smoked up until a month before giving birth n i have a healthy baby n i still have custody it might be diff wit diff drugs n in diff states im from illinois
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy