deli meats?!
I was reading online and came across a website that states while your pregnant you shouldn't eat deli meat. I make my lunch everyday or I go to subway for lunch and I crave slim jims. Is this true!??!
You shouldn't because the chance of listeria.
If you heat your meat it should be fine.
although, everyone has their own opinions.
I talked to my doctor about this and she said not too worry just not to eat it everyday.
I have been eating cold meat sandwiches since I found out I was pregnant. I am now 32 weeks.
Try quiznos or something, it may ease your mind.
But I have eaten a lot of cold meats. Lol
I just heat my meat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds..@ subway get your sub toasted..;-) quiznos usually already toastes theirs...I love lunch meat n seem to crave it often every pregnancy!! ;-)
Yeah you should really heat it up. You may be able to get away with it, like mrsbagz, but the consequences if you do get listeria can be bad. It can cause miscarriages and stillborn babies. I was eating turkey sandwiches everyday at the beginning of my pregnancy, then I talked to a nurse who told me that. Just hearing the potential consequences made me stay away from it, or heat it up before I eat it. There's a chance listeria can be found in packaged meat you buy in the grocery, as well as in the deli shop.
Thanks you guys!
Many say this, and yes there IS a risk of listeria.  Many women have eaten cold lunch meat and haven't had a problem.  It's really a personal choice.  As the others have said, heating the lunch meat should do the trick.  If you go to subway, just have them toast your sandwich before you put the veggies on.  
Im a deli manager and I eat it prob 5 times a week. But yeah everyone has their own opinion. I know mine is safe to eat and isnt going to be contaminated with something.
Unfortunately unless you test every piece of meat, there is no way of knowing whether the listeria bacteria are on them.  It has nothing to do with whether it is a "good" or "bad" meat.  Just like many of the foods we eat, they have bacteria on or in them, it's in how they are prepared as to whether this bacteria can adversely affect the person eating it.
Our immune systems are also lower. So if somehow listeria does sneak in, pregnant women are more likely to be affected by it. From what I understand, it doesn't even necessarily affect us that badly, but it can have devastating effects on the baby. I'd rather be safe than sorry, why take the chance?