Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
disappearing line on pregnancy test???

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

disappearing line on pregnancy test???

hello!
just wondering if someone has ever had this happen to them...
took a pregnancy test this morning (just a cheap one from the dollar store) dropped the urine in the well and had 2 lines appear (this happened with in the 2 minute time frame), after 4 negative results i was really excited so i ran down to grab my phone to call my husband at work and the line was gone. all that is left is what appears to be a "dot" on where the line was... i have never had this happen before on any of the other negative tests ive taken, not even a hint of a line. could this be another negative? or is there something wrong with the test?
i took the exact same test when i was pregnant with my son (4 in a row actually lol) and the line was there instantly and dark.
any feed back at all would be greatly appreciated. :)
It could have been an evaporation line. I know its not what you want to hear. OR it could be the test got too cold afterwards. I didn't know this could happen until I saw it last week. I took a test Saturday and found out I was pregnant. I put the test in a back room which stays cold and when I got home from work it looked like a shadow. I have taken 4 more tests to calm myself. I am indeed pregnant. So maybe the test got cold. Hope it turns out which way you want. Take another in the morning to check.
I would try again in the morning. I know it is hard to wait when you are unsure but it will clear the air for you.
I took 5 tests to confirm my pregnancy with my son :) I know the feeling.
Best wishes and good luck to you!
thank you both for the quick responses! :)

it was so weird, i have never had this happen before.
i know it couldnt be from the cold because i was in the bathroom and i had the heat on pretty high, but i did hod it up near the light so maybe it could be from the heat? (congrats on your pregnancy by the way)
i took the test, pink line showed up and stayed for about a minute, i went to grab the phone came back and there was a pink dot where the positive line is supposed to be, held it up to the light couldnt really see anything so i left it on the counter to show my husband when he got home. he called about an hour later and as im talking to him im looking at this test and there is a line there now and the dot is gone. im guessing probably an evaporation line. but im starting to go crazy! my last period was Oct. 23rd, its now Dec. 16th. getting so frustrated because its like ok, i can take a negative test but i just want to start my period atleast so i can stop wondering what is going on. i have not been this late since i was pregnant with my 2 year old, most ive been late is 4 days...
my husband is picking me up a test after work. hoping for some kind of answer.
thanks for the support and luck!! i will definitely keep you posted as to what happens *fingers crossed*
i added a picture so you both can see what im talking about.
the top test i took a week agao, not one sign of a line. the bottom one is the one i took this morning.
what do you think?

http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/246178
An evaporation line happens AFTER your urine dries and a little dye shows up. It is not a positive result. This usually happens when you dig a test out of the trash or wait longer than 10 minutes to try reading one.

If you did the test properly and read it within the first 10 minutes, it's not an evap line. It's a positive. But don't expect that line to always stay and be dark when the test dries. After 10 minutes, the test isn't readable anymore and anything it shows is inaccurate.
Also, it could just be the test. Not enough dye or something. I know lots of people say the dollar store tests are just as good as the name-brand ones but in all honesty, I don't believe it. I've heard too many complaints about problems with the cheap ones.
it showed up in the first 10 minutes than disappeared. but when i looked later it was back. thinking its probably negative, gonna get a FR and re-test in a few days.
thanks for your help :)
So here's my thing I tested on tuesday 12th 2012. Got a very faint positive line! Have sore boobs back pains nausea headacs and craving food my tummy feels heavier than usal and lost a lot of weight in the last few weeks! My last period was may 26 2012 but a weird AF! I retested this morning at 3 o clock 14th june! Positive line then disappeared but on the test it says read within 3min and not longer. Last week thursday had 1 glass of alcohole and vommited! (Not normal at aLl). Am I preg or is my mind playing tricks on me! Every one can see the fainted line on the 1st test and my boyfriend saw the 2 dark lines on the 2nd one before it fainted! Is it normal 2 have sore boobs 15 days before AF I'm supose 2 start AF 22nd of june! Some1 please help!
Sorry just wanted 2 correct a mistake the 2nd pregnancy test the test line never fainted it disappared! Thanx you every1
Im in my 13 dpo, just had my test this morning, it came out positive but before the 3 min time stops, the line slowly disappear..it just 1 minute the line show up. In my 10 dpo, the line was very faint..i used other brands it all shows negative...my period due is 3 days from now..still hoping for positve result...
Hi this has just happened to me can you tell me if you were infact pregnant please xx
That happened to me took two test a week later and they both was positive. Retest
Des92 Aliyah is 3 Weeks and 2 day... Comment
Des_a_rae, specialmom, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy