Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
discharge smells like urine??

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

discharge smells like urine??

why would this happen i mean i know you pee alot more when your pregnant and i know alot of people have increased discharge... but why would it smell like that, its not a heavy smell like i peed my pants but you can smell a faint sint of it ... any explanations
?!?!!?
I would have it checked out to make sure it isn't some sort of vaginal infection. Typically a doctor would want to know if discharge has a smell to it.  Good luck!
I had an odor in my discharge so I went to the Dr. this week and sure enough I had a bacteria infection. It can only be treated with antibiotics. It's caused from taking too many bubble baths, using too many smelly good stuff down there, and etc. It's very common in woman. It's when your bad bacteria over comes the good and isn't balanced out which causes you to have this. Even woman who don't have intercourse can get it. I'm on a pill twice a day for seven days. So ya might want to make an appt because you can not get rid of bacteria infections over the counter and it'll only get worse if not treated. Yeast infections are the only ones that can be treated over the counter. Hope this helps.
  I had the same symptoms right after I had my baby and sure enough it was a bacterial infection.  My DR told me that they were common, not to worry, and I took antibiotics for 7 days and everything was taken care of.  I would definitly go to the DR for sure though cuz u never know.  If that is what u have it may not have this effect on u but the antibiotics they give for it, i will tell u now that from my expirience with them u might have to pick up something for a yeast infection soon after the antibiotics are gone. I hope that this helps u and good luck.
I have the same problem. No matter how much I clean myself, I still have the smell of urine. I told my doctor about it and he said its the unnoticable trickles of pee we pregnant women have. The baby is pushing on your bladder and you just can't help it.
Des_a_rae commented on krichar's status
specialmom EXERCISE!! It does the bod... Comment
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy