Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
discharge while pregnant -- sorry if TMI

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hi ladies,

can you please let me know if having white or yellow discharge is common during early preg...im about 9 weeks preg and noticing this discharge

i just want to make sure everything is ok and there is nothing to worry about

did any of you have this discharge early in pregnancy?
i'm almost 14 weeks and i've been having it for a few weeks, but didn't have another OB appt until today.  He did an exam and said it is totally normal for the discharge and said it could last for the entire pregnancy. ( i didn't have it with my other 2).  It's called leukorrhea.  There are other causes of discharge that aren't so normal, but every pregnant woman gets blood tests and cultures done to check for those, usually at first or second pre-natal visit.
yeah but is it suppose to be white or yellow???
i have read that it can be white and sometimes have a yellowish look...I think both are normal.
I had heard about clear discharge before, but mine is white and sometimes yellow.  I was concerned i had bacterial vaginosis or something was wrong, but my doc said he sees it often and its just discharge.
mine has always been yellow.....I thought maybe it could be from the prometrium....
Yes, clear, white and yellow is normal...for some people...Sometimes a yellowish or greenish discharge can be a sign of BV, yeast infection, or UTI.  I have had white and yellowish discharge my entire pregnancy and I am 21w2d pregnant.
I always get discharge, it grosses me out! lol. The first time it happened it scared me, but now I know it's normal. Mine is usually yellow and then sometimes it is white. My midwife told me that it's completely normal. I will be 27 weeks tomorrow and I have noticed over the last month that if me and husband have relations...the discharge is ten times worse. I hear that's normal too. But you sound just fine dear!
thanks all for the feedback....im still such a worry wart...though im nearing the end of the 1st trimester
yeah i have been having the same thing since i found out i was and i am now 16 weeks and seems to getting more which is so gross.
mine is like watery lotion.  sometimes it comes out in loads....eeek!  it's so much fun to be a woman!
well Waitn838 at least we know now we're normal....LOL
always good to know we're still normal
LOL
Glad to hear.. I started to cry, with some cramps and this discharge I got scared
reading this makes me feel so much better. i have started having a yellowish discharge sometimes kind of a lil tiny clumpy. the doctor said it was normal but it still worries me with my history of previous miscarriages. i feel a lil better now
I've had a yellowish discharge for a few years now so I can tell you that that is normal. You got tested for stds and infections when you first found out you were pregnant? Some infections give you a yellow discharge but if you tested negative for those then you don't have anything to worry about
I have had a ton of cm. Sometimes it feels like I just peed my pants and I have to change my underwear. It's very watery but when I go to the bathroom I have green snot like discharge when I wipe ocassionally.
Ive had discharge for a couple of years now but it would not go away i had it way before i became pregnant for the first time..I had a yeast infection and took care of that but is lesser discharge now that i have finished my medication.But i still have it is it because it is not completely gone or because of pregnacy.?
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant... I had a period last month but I only had it for two days then I didn't bleed at all for a day then the next day I spotted... The last two times I've had sex my discharge has been extreemly white like lotion but it's not stretchy like the discharge you get b4 you hav your period... Could I be pregnant
was just curious if u were pregnant or not? im a highschool girl who experienced almost the exact same thing but also i noticed last night i was having a goldish or yellow colored discharge. their is a high chance of me being pregnant my periods are usually regular lasting about 4 or 5 days and i can usually keep a super tampon in all day at school and not bleed through but this last period i was bleeding so heavy i was wearing a super tampon along with a over night maxi pad i was having to change my tampon about every two hours but this only lasted for 2 days and then i started very lightly spotting like wiping when i pee having little blood on the tissue putting a tampon in leaving it in for almost the full 8 hours but when i take it out their is such little blood its almost nonexistant and the last time that happened i had a small amount of blood on my pants but was having white watery discharge but i still put a tampon in their was no blood on it after i took it out only a goldish colored discharge i was having spotting like that for about 4 days but ive never had itchyness or pain of any short even when i was bleeding heavily no pain or anything and ive recently been checked for stds and infection i believe that is not a possibility ive been with the same guy for 7 months now
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on Shannon79's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy