dizzy spells
im 24 weeks and some days i wake up SO dizzy that i cant even walk...and just laying down my head spins..closing my eyes makes it even worse so i just have to lie here and suffer through it...and it honestly lasts for hours! ive tried drinking and eating and nothing helps to make it go away. it doesnt happen everyday just sometimes and its always when i wake up from sleeping at night. i dont get it? and its really no fun at all i wish i knew how to make it stop when it happens. i almost fell down on the way to the bathroom a minute ago and i woke up at 9 am and its now 10:30 so its been going strong for a half hour. this is the third morning ive had like this (not in a row). Does this happen to anyone else? should i be conserned or is it just a lovely pregnancy thing? i know u can get more dizzy and faint more often but this dizzy? for this long? all ive read is that sometimes u should sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before getting up...but ive sat up in bed for hours and still had it hanging on.
any suggestions would be much appreciated
I know dizziness is a normal symptoms, but if it is as bad as you described, it could be your blood pressure. I would talk to your doctor and see what they say. You shouldn't have to suffer this much! :)
This is something that you should mention to your doctor.  Dizziness to this extent is not normal.
thanks guys...i'll call the doc on monday...i just never thought it could be my blood pressure because i was just in on thursday and my blood pressure has been normal at every appointment. i am anemic though...maybe that has something to do with it. i am taking the extra iron supplements though so i would think that could be under control. i keep forgetting to mention it at the doctors because it doesnt happen all the time. she is checking my thyroid next appointment because of how ridiculously tired ive been...does being dizzy also corrilate with a thyroid problem?
Anemia, low BP, dehydration, infection, and abnormal glucose levels are all possible culprits (amongst other things).  And yes again, a thyroid disorder can cause dizziness.

Good thinking on calling your doctor tomorrow.  I hope they get to the bottom of this soon and you start feeling better.
thanks, im also getting my gestational diabetes test week after next and im wondering if i could actually in fact have gestational diabetes...i tend to have a lot of the signs. it is quite hard to figure out since she wants to test me for the thyroid thing but i am also anemic..ive been taking the extra iron for over a month and id like them to retest my levels to see if its even helping. i think for now ill just lie here on my left side with my gatorade lol which doesnt make me happy because i had a  lot to get done today! i hope they can figure this out soon too! again, thanks for the quick reply.
Please check with your doctor and keep us posted :-)

I had this one morning at work during my last pregnancy....Went down to the nurse's station where she had me lay down and took my blood pressure.  Turns out that it was low.....I had only eaten a bowl of cereal for breakfast that day and once I ate something more that day, I felt a lot better.  I started beefing up the number of calories I consumed for breakfast each day and it never happened again.  I have never experienced this during ths pregnancy.
i will for sure be calling my doctor tomorrow because i just went pee recently and my urine smelled really really sweet...like sugar. i thought that was weird and conserning as i heard that could be a sign of diabetes but im not at risk for it other than the tiredness and dizziness ...im not overweight and it doesnt run in my family or anything. so i really dont know? i just ate lunch with plenty of protein and i feel a little better after that but we'll see if it stays down...the dizziness has made me throw up 3 times today.
gestational diabetes you do not have to be overweight to get, and it really isn't 100% connected to genetics (although if your mother or another close female relative got it while pregnant it can predispose you to the condition, or so it's thought)....it's just one of those things that can occur while pregnant. Did you gain weight fast during this pregnancy? it doesn't have to be a lot, it's more about length of time of weight gain from what I hear....even a few lbs in a very short amount of time....i really hope it turns out to be a blood volume issue (simply your body having trouble adjusting to the 2nd trimester blood volume) and nothing else...keep us posted!
for a long time i was hardly gaining any weight and now im catching up but the doc says im right on target...all my weight seems to be right in the belly area, you cant even tell im pregnant from the back. i hope its a blood volume thing too but unfortunatly its 8 pm and im still fighting the dizziness...its horrible. and of course ill keep everyone updated :)
awww sweetie I'm sorry you're so dizzy...:( it really *****! my beta-blocker makes me awfully dizzy a lot and I HATE it. like you said it doesn't sound like gest.diabetes then but who knows...it's a good thing they test for it regularly! I never got it, but with last pregnancy (and apparently this one) weight gain is a struggle for me too.