drs appts
Ok, so did you bf/hubby attend every single Dr appt? Or just the ones with ultrasounds?  My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting him to come to my appt next week.  They are doing another ultrasound because baby was lazy last Dr visit.  He says he already has seen the baby.   I am frustrated because I think he should be there.  I understand he can only take off so much work. I would rather him come to the ultrasound than to a different appt where they will just measure or check me.  (im 23 weeks). He just doesn't want to come.  My question is... How many of your appts did your significant other come to?
And does it make me crazy or am i unreasonable for wanting him there?
My s.o has only come to 2-3 appointments during all 3 of my appointments, and that was attending the 20week gender scan. He's busy with work so doesn't faze me if he's not there
This should be a bonding experience for you and your hubby and the baby , he gets to see the growth and changes each appt ... They look different every time so you can shut his comment Down with that ! My husband works out of town so he's gonna miss this next ultrasound and on appt but he is very adiment about attending every one he can
My boyfriend hasnt attended one yet. He actually told me he thinks ultrasounds and newborn babies are ugly. I know he is excited but he is not as excited as me. I can understand this because he is not carrying the child and has a totally different experience. I think his experience starts when the baby is in his arms..lol I would try sucking up or buttering up to him to get him to go...but do not be whiny, mean, or passive aggresive when talking to him about this matter lol I do not think you are being unreasonable....I think it is just a "guy" thing.
My hubby goes to every appt i have
No I don't think your crazy or unreasonable. I personally want my boyfriend to be with me at every appt. lol. It makes me feel more like he wants to see our baby, want this baby, and make sure everythin' Is okay with our baby and share a bonding experience. When he tells me he doesn't want to go, It makes me feel like he doesn't care about our son and I get upset 'cuz I feel like he should want to be there. I understand about the whole work situation and sometimes he won't be able to make It, but with an u/s I would really think he would want to see his baby again and see the progress. So I really understand how you feel. My boyfriend has been to every appt. with me.
My fiance only wants to go to the u/s so i made him 'earn it' and had him come with me to a regular apt. Lol. I don't think that was too much for me to ask so i especially don't think its too much for you to either.
my boyfriend comes to every appointment with me but we both work afternoon shift so we don't have to miss work for it...
I would be angry if he didn't want to come to an ultrasound tho!
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all! My boyfriend has been to every appt except one, he doesn't have to take off of work because we make them late enough so he can go. He usually drives me and he likes to be involved, even if all they're doing is measuring me and listening to the heartbeat.  
My other half i only make him come to scans and antenatal classes
My husband has only missed one appointment and thats because the doctors office only gave us 3 days notice and he had a meeting at work. He was really disappointed, but my mom went with me so I was not alone. I am also considered high risk because of my previous pregnancy, so he makes sure he goes just in case I were to get any kind of bad news he wants to be with me. I think everyone is different, so you can't force him to go but it is nice when they do.
This is my second pregnancy, so its different then a first because its more like were waiting for another person to be here. My husband works but went to the gender ultrasound appt of course. My daughter goes with me to every one
My boyfriend went to every single one. It made me feel better that he got the hear all the same info as me and because it meant a lot to me to feel like I wasn't alone.
My boyfriend came to the major ones, like the heart beat and my two ultrsounds...everything else is just routine visits. That way he doesn't have to tale off work.
Just seen I wrote to all 3 appointments, I meant all 3 pregnancies. Which so only attended the 20 week ( sexing) scan.
My hubby doesn't even come back - often sits in the waiting room :) lol I prefer it that way
My hubby was at our 1st appointment (pelvic exam & transvaginal ultrasound) then he was at our gender ultrasound, and he will be going to our 35 week 3d ultrasound. I want him to be at every one, but he has to work bc he's gotta support us and make money for the baby :)
My boyfriend has gone to every appointment. Starting with going to my drs to get the pregnancy test done to find out the positive or negative. Lol
Even if we are arguing or whatever, he still jumps in the car come doctor time..
I am 26+3
My hubby goes to all my appointments unless we have one that is scheduled while he is working and we can't get in another time. Except my physical therapy appts. He doesn't always go to though and he doesn't really want to so I don't push the issue. All the reg dr appt he wants to come to though.
My man, who is not the father, goes to every appt he can and is super involved with the pregnancy.  He claims the girls as his. Which they are when it comes down to it.   He gets upset with me if I have an appt that he can't make it to. He asks me to make them for his days off or later so he can make them, even if it is just to talk to the dr.
I don't think you're unreasonable but some guys just won't see your point of view. If you think about if you we're a guy, no matter how badly you want that baby and love it already, ultrasounds and check ups can be boring.
Not to insult you... But babies generally aren't on the list of interests guys have. As long as he's open to coming to things that have to so with his baby, I don't see a problem. I'm sure it hurts your feelingsā€¦ But he may see it like he already went to some and so he thinks he's being there and being as supportive as he should be.  I definitely think his point of view will change once the baby is here.
My man has gone to every one of them except one 'we're down to the once a week appts' he absolutely hates it too, but I think he feels he should be there.. He takes off work to do it and the doctors is an hour away... I killed my car so that is another reason he takes me, but I'm fairly certain he would anyways. I said I could go w/my mom n friend, but he wasn't for that.. I do have to say it wouldn't bother me if he didn't attend, it really is different for guys, some feel they should and some don't think it's necessary. Unless they pretty much say I don't care about the baby or you or whatever it is that you may be feeling, I wouldn't worry about it.
It all depends on how it makes you feel. If its important to you, you should sit him down and explain the importance of him involved in this pregnancy as much as you are. He probably don't feel like its that important to sit at a doctors office and watch the same thing happen that happened four weeks ago. That's how men think. It he knew how it makes you feel he may change his mind.
Mines came to one but its not a big deal to me.
My husband has been soo wonderful throughout everything he has not missed one appointment.
I can't even explain the excitement coming from him and all the help he gives me.
Good had truly blessed my family <3

And to just think tomorrow were finally going to meet our baby boy. Im soo excited!!!
And your not crazy hun, he should want to be their that's his baby too.
Every moment counts :-)
My husband can't come to a lot of mine due to work so I go alone most the time he has been to one ultrasound (20 weeks) I've had three so far and he has been to a few check up appointments but as far as every one no he has to work if he is fortunate enough to make it great if not at least he will be there for the delivery lol I wouldn't stress so much but I would try to make the appointments during his off day of after or before he has to work that way y'all aren't missing out on any work that maybe his main concern.
Its not at all unreasonable. My husband trys to attend every apt. Exp. Ultrasounds.
My husband came to the first one and then to the ultrasound ones. I dont see a reason for him to come to just regular check ups. I am almost 32 weeks so he has came to 3 visits. If they do another ultrasound then he will come to that one but other then that i really dont see a reason for him to take off just for them to check my vitals, babies heart beat, and ask if everything is going good. And dont see a reason for him to have to come when they start checking for dialation. He and i are extremely close but i wouldnt take off to go to a dr appt for them to check his vitals
My husband went to every single appointment. .. he loved going with me!
I wish my bf went wit me to all mine bur he's only gone to last 2 ultrasounds. He works so I understand but I wish he.could.more. I def don't think its crazy to want him there wit u...
My hubby attended every single one so far and is planning to attend all of them in the future!!! He is one proud papa! :)
My husband goes to all of the appointments. The way I see it, it's just as much his child and his responsibility. I'd be pretty upset if he didn't want to go and stay informed throughout the pregnancy. He even asks our doctor lots of questions.