drugs or no drugs????
Any advice from any ladies who have been through labour before as whether it is managable to go the whole time with no drugs or is it best to go for gas and air.  debate that is on going with me and my husband, he thinks without drugs labour may occur faster as my body will be fully aware of what it needs to do, I get where he is coming from but I think I may need gas and air to get my body through!!

Any thoughts????
Well i had my little guy almost 5 yrs ago already and now i am pregnant with my second. . What happened was that when i gave birth to him it all happened sooo fast that even if i had wanted any type of pain medication by the time i got to L&D it was outta the question. . I did however go in with my mind made up that i didnt want any kind of pain medication anyways but then the pain got suuuper intense and i was practically screaming for the epi, but like i said, by then i was probably at like 8cm and they just wouldnt give it to me anymore regardless, so i got my way but damn it was painful. . . Now this time around i am telling my mom and husband that if my labor gets lengthy then im not going to try and be a hero, if i need something then i will get it. . Im putting it all on how long my labor is, maybe i'll get lucky and it will be a short one again who knows. .  Of course my mom and husband are like 'nooo dont get anything for pain relief so the process is faster' but its my body and i know how bad it hurt to go all natural the first time. . . Best of luck to you(:
I've had all three of my girls without any pain meds, I chose not with my first and it wasnt so bad, its a pain easily forgotten once there out! My second was born at home unplanned coz my labour was less then 2hrs and my third I didn't want to. I like to be in total control of what my body needs to do and not completely out of it on drugs so I see where ur hubby is coming from :-)
I have 2 girls and both No drugs
I had a dry labor so it was pretty intense.  I begged for the epidural but they wouldn't give it to me because we thought it was goin to end in a c section. Finally they gave it to me at 8 cm and idk if its because they waited so long or what but my labor was really fast...from the time my water broke 10 hours later I had my son....i fully dialated in 6 hours tho
Yourstruly- what exactly is a drylabor?? And what caused it?
I was in a car accident that caused me to lose all my water so by the time I was in active labor ALL my fluid was gone. It was pretty intense
I'm defenitly getting my epidural its hurts pretty bad and I don't do good with pain and I want to remember this labor as relaxing as possible. There's no shame in an epidural if u aren't good with pain then or what not I suggest u get it.
hello i had gas and air and was in the birthing pool i got to a 6 then had epidural.. its totally up to u hun.. x
I had an epi with my son but got it too early and had to go through labor feeling everything. i had no plans on doing that. I was in so much pain that i couldn't push anymore. so they gave me something that helped but all i can say is i pray i get the drugs on time this time
If you arnt completely set on no drugs then u will most likely end up getting something. I am dead set on not thats the only reason why i didnt. It def hurts a whole lot but no matter what, our bodies were made for it so can def make it through it.
I wish I could have the choice of a epi but I have to have a home birth so im going natural this time around:/ hope i can take it!
No Drugs(:
I had a 10 hour labour. spent most of it at home with no pain relief. had 2 candle lit baths to relax in. then when pain got to much to deal with at home we got ambulance to hospital while i sucked it dry of all its gas n air. when got settled in my room i just used gas n air the whole time. id have to say i didnt even remember there was drugs yo be honest.. i forgot i wanted to try the birth pool out... all i could focus on was sucking that gas lol... it didnt take the pain away but it gave me something to focus on other than the pain. for me it realy helped but for others it doesnt help at all. im hoping to just use gas n air again this time. if you say you dontvwant drugs now you may well be screaming for them in labour so id say its best to keep an open mind about it. but yeah defo try nothing or gas n air i bet youl be surprised how much pain you can actually take haha. i was lol xx
My sister didn't want the epi she made it to 10cm but her frame was small n she was so tense they made her get it so she could relax n her baby could come out. She went through all the pain for nothing n she said only one side of her was numb she could feel everything on the other side it was a horrible time for her. I personally could not do it i had to get the epi u have to b able to handle pain and stay calm n relax cuz its intense goodluck in whatever u choose
With my 1st baby the doctor gave me narcotic pain relief & what a BIG MISTAKE. I felt completely out of it & lost every ounce of energy and adreniline I had left! I ended up having a c-section with him & again with my 2nd. This time I am attempting VBAC and am saying no narcotics!!! But maybe an edipural. I'll probably be screaming & crying for one.
thanks for everyones comments, im gonna try and go in with an open mind but if i use any it will be gas and air i think.  Hubby went to get his tattoos lasered yesterday, was funny tho cuz bless him he was in so much pain and i had to laugh (secretly) cuz of the pain im gonna have to go through (partly) due to him!! Im so nervous about labour but excited also, im 26 weeks at the moment but every twinge i get i feel like im gonna go into labour lol. need to relax, especially as I am moving house in ten days and getting married at end of feb!!  good luck to everyone and its nice to chat with women who have been through it all! x
With my first I had pethadine but it didn't kick in until after the birth, but I had gas and air. With my second I had gas and air and an epidural. My third I didn't even have gas and air. Every birth is different and you won't know how you Will cope until you get there, so my advice is to keep an open mind and just take it as it comes!