Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
emotionally and physically drained

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

emotionally and physically drained

I really don't know what to do anymore.   I am so drained but i feel like i need to be there for everyone.   I found out earlier this week that my mom has been diagnosed with cancer.  I don't know how to even deal with that.  I am also 34 wks pregnant.   I need to be there for my family but i also need to take care of myself.   What do i do, how do i take care of everyone?
Truth is you can't. I'm sorry this has happened to you however my mother has pancreatic cancer which is incurable. She was diagnosed a few years ago at that time they told her 6 months tops. Doctors aren't God and I think we tend to forget that sometimes. My advise to you take care of you and your baby keep your mother for support as she might need you to. I hope what she has is beatable and trust me she would want you to be a mother to your child she understands I guarantee it. She'd have done the same with you. I know it's hard and trust me it will be hard to watch her go through whatever treatment if any she chooses but remember cherish all the times with her she'll be there to meet her grand bby. I'll keep you in my prayers but I can't remind you enough how doctors are not gods. I can't tell you how many times this has been proven to me. Take care of yourself.
Thank you so much.  She is starting chemo tonight and hopefully we have caught it soon enough.  Instead of going to an appointment this morning i stayed hame to take a nap.  Now i feel horrible about that cuz that's when they decided to admit her right away cuz its spreading kind of quickly.
First off I hope the best for your Mom. I am almost 34 weeks and I completely understand how you feel. My mom passed away unexpectedly a month ago and even though I have 4 sisters, none of which are pregnant and only one other one is a single mom like me, I felt like a good part of the responsibilities fell onto only me. No one offered to help with some of the things and a couple of them just kept fighting which I had to try to mediate. Eventually though things calmed down and I think they realized I needed help. So hopefully your family does the same. Please though make sure you cherish every moment with your Mom, because while I'm sure she will be just fine....you never know what you have until its gone
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
15 mins ago
stacey10 Very very faint Bfp today a... Comment
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy