Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
enlarged ventricle size of 27 weeks fetus

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 27 weeks pregnant, an ultrasound for me was done in my 6th month and found that size of left ventricle of fetus was 6 mm and right one was 9 mm.Doctor told me that right one is prominent and we should do one more scan in 7th month.again in 7th month i had scan and left is still 6.2 mm and right is now 9.6 mm.
I am really worried please let me know ...is it dangerous?what can i do to help my baby...Please help us....
Tags: Pregnancy
Ashima17~ IF there is a problem with the baby's heart, there is NOTHING you can do to fix it. it is NOT your fault in any way.

Take it from me, I"ve got experience with it. my son had 3 holes in his heart and needed open heart surgery when he was just past 2 1/2 mo. old.

At 27 weeks the heart is still VERY, VERY tiny. They will probably do another scan in about a month, sometimes medication can fix heart issues. (not medicine YOU take but stuff the baby can take) or sometimes it requires surgery.  At your next doctors appointment ask these types of questions:

IS the left side of my baby's heart UNDERDEVELOPED or just small?

What risks could that pose?

and whatever else you can think to ask. Sometimes if a side of the heart isn't developed enough it'll cause issues with blood circulation (baby may not get enough oxygenated blood to go thru the body fast enough)

Get a notebook and write down any and all questions you have, then at your next doctors appointment pull the notebook out and go down your list with each question. If you aren't satisfied with the answer, then tell them and tell them you want more information.

Are they sending you to a Neonatal cardiologist? (baby heart doctor)

my baby boy came thru surgery just fine. He did develop a rare complication where he had problems with the metal used to close his chest bone, but it was something RARE that happened. that's all.

If you have any questions just message me. Just remember, I am NOT a doctor, just a mom who has had a baby with heart problems.

Cindie

Thanks for your response but I am asking about the ventricles of brain...heart of my baby is just fine touch wood.
the ventricles of brain are having some dilation...i wanted to know about that..
Please let me know if any idea?
dizzy_lizzy12345 uploaded a new photo
Hollus commented on renae176's status
Hollus commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy