Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
epidurals & tramp stamps??

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

epidurals & tramp stamps??

How many of u have a tramp stamp and were still able to get the epidural?? i dont want to get the epidural but if it comes down to it and i cant take the pain then i dont want them to tell me no cus of my tattoo..?
I don't think they'd say no cuz of a tattoo but im not sure. How close are you til you deliver? Cuz id bring it up to your doctor so if for whatever reason they dont give it to you, you can know the alternatives to the epidural
Avatar n tn
I have one i hope they are able to go in between it where there is no ink at. If they say no i know i will be going crazy, crying, everything. Im not good with pain well alot of pain.
Im 34+3 i was gona ask my doc at my last appt but i completely forgot. i hope the can still do it cus idk i dont think ill be able to do it without meds. but yea i should probably look into other pain meds just in case
I believe it depends on how long its been since you got the tattoo
I got it like 3-4 years ago. how long is long enough??
If you can't get it remember the pain is tempory many mommas before us endured it. Dont underestimate yourself your a strong momma!!! Once you see your beautiful baby it'll all be worth it and the pain will subside(: im gonna try all natural or maybe just gas and air.
Avatar n tn
Wow, I had a natural childbirth but I'm afraid of the pain of a tattoo! Strange world.
Avatar n tn
What does the gas n air do?
Its basically laughing gas it calms and relaxes you taking the edge off but doesn't really block the pain. As soon as you stop breathing it the the side effects wear off. There's no side effects to baby so extra monitoring is not a must and you control how you use it. Im not doing a water birth but it can be used during it as well.
My tattoos hurt a bit but im pretty sure labor hurts more lol but who knows this is my first baby i guess wel see lol
I have a tramp stamp and was able to get an epidural. They did ask me to take my tongue ring out though, for safety reasons. Tattoos don't really matter because the epidural is placed in the middle of your spine/back
Its in the middle?? i thought they did it in the lower back??
No it doesn't matter if you have a tattoo i have one and have had two epidurals and yeah they are in the middle if your back not in your lower back so it doesn't even come close to your tattoo if it's on your lower back don't worry ladies you'll still be able to get it if you want to even if your entire back is covered in tattoos :)
Oh k cool (: yea mines pretty low so then it sounds like it won't be a problem
krichar commented on photo
1 hr ago
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
hansen20 baby boy is 8 days old! Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy