Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
expected due date.....

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

expected due date.....

I went to the doctors office for a blood test on the 21st of august the doctor said i was barely pregnant, my last period was on june 28th and they assume my due date is on april 5th but i really dont think my baby was conceived on the 29 like the thing says i dont have sex during my period is very unconfortable and my period lasts about 7 to 9 days before the blood test like 3 or 4 days before the home preg test came out negative i really dont think im 9weeks pregnant what could be the chances i am or how far along could i  be?
An ultrasound would tell u how far along you are
You would not have conceived on the 29th. You're pregnant for 40 weeks but you are really only pregnant for around 38 weeks. Women ovulate around 14 days before their period is due, and since you have irregular periods, I assume you don't know for sure when your next period was due. The day they count as day one of you being pregnant is the first day of your last period, since it is impossible to tell for sure EXACTLY when you ovulated, and the egg implanted. (It can take 6-12 days for the egg to implant.) SO drs go by the first day of your  last period as your first day "pregnant", when in fact it would be at least two weeks later that you conceived. SO based on the first day of your last period you would be 9 weeks 3 days pregnant. When you see your dr for the first time and they do an ultrasound they will be able to give you a better estimate of how far along you are based off how the baby is measuring.

I hope that helped, a lot of women get confused with drs going off the first day of the last period.
As smjmekg said they are not saying you became pregnant on the 29th.  Wait until you have your first ultrasound as it will give you a more accurate due date.  Remember though that even wtih ultrasounds the dates can be off a few days...it's almost impossible to determine precisely when you conceived.
KeeLolo, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy