Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
extreme exhaustion 18 weeks pregnant

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

extreme exhaustion 18 weeks pregnant

hi

I am 18 weeks pregnant and this is my second child. So far it is been a nightmare... I am experiencing extreme fatigue, my heart pounding very fast!!!, shortness of breath, dizzyness, depressed feeling,  basically bed-ridden. I don't work. so whenever I feel I have little energy left in my body, I just cook, clean and take care of my 6 year old daughter.. I can't go out at all... I just lay on the couch and only get up when I need something..
I am feeling very miserable. Last week I thought I can't even make it to my OB appnt. I thought I was going to collapse right there..
Is anyone else experiencing something like this? I have been taking all my supplements and iron too since the beginning of my pregnancy.. but nothing seem to work... My first pregnancy was a breeze....and this is a nightmare..
Please help...
id recommend you speak to your midwife asap. i had this but only for an hour or 2 in the morning and when i told the midwife, if it persisted after a week i had to see the doctor, i didnt need the doc in the end but it sounds pretty bad!
Maybe your iron is low. My sister had this problem during her second pregnancy and it turned out she was severely anemic. I would definitly get it checked out.
I think maybe your blood needs testing, just to be on the safe side.

You might be finding it a lot harder this time around because you can't just rest when you want to because you have your daughter to look after, I found I was a lot more tired in my 2nd pregnancy..

Are you eating reguarly aswell? try to eat healthy snacks every 2 hours to keep your sugars up aswell.
thank you all for your suggestions..  this was my first post.. I accidentally had wrong tags to my post!!!!!!  I am not bleeding... rest of the symptoms yes.. I had my blood work done and found out I was anemic and have been taking Iron regularly... I am a vegetarian.. but I am eating regularly and drinking plenty of fluids.. I have my OB appntment on Wednesday. I am crossing my finger that I feel little energetic on that day....
hansen20 :) Comment
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy