extreme pelvic/pubic pain @37 weeks
so im 37w1d, and as of yesterday ive been having this excruciating pain in my pelvic area. sort of where the pubic area/bikini line is. maybe even lower. to walk brings me to pain. i tossed and turned all night which had me in tears. to turn from one side to another was so painful that it gave me headaches. there were moments when i tried to get up and go to the bathroom thru the night and literally became stuck. i couldnt move at all. now im assuming this has a lot to do with my ds dropping, but should it be this painful? i never remember this with my dd 6 years ago. its beginning to worry me. anyone have any advice?

I found this site which gives a better description for what im feeling, and they have a diagnosis for it. heres the site, and check under the SYMPTOMS area.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm#Will%20this%20tenderness%20last%20after%20the%20birth
Second pregnancies tend to bring more discomfort than first pregnancies (usually). I believe that is pelvic floor pressure. Your baby probably dropped or your belly is getting so heavy it's just giving you a lot of pain. It could also be Braxton Hicks.

Your best bet is to sit tight and try not to do a whole lot!!! Be very careful moving, getting up, sitting down, etc.
it could be pain from your pubic bone separating...  is it like a really sharp pain?  i described it to my doc as like the feeling of someone cutting me from the inside w/ a knife (it hurts that bad!).  and he told me that it was your pubic bone separating to make room for the baby to fit through!