Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
fetal heart rate low

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

fetal heart rate low

i found out i was pregnant just over a week ago. yesterday i started having some bleeding. i went in for an ultrasound and the doctor told me the heart rate was low. it was between 78-87 bpm. i am very nervous that i am going to miscarry. this is my frist pregnancy and all me friends that have children never went through this. i have another ultrasound this coming tues and the doctor said there is a chance the baby will not be there anymore or the baby could have a strong heartbeat by then. the doctor also said that the sac is smaller then it should be with the size of the baby and that could become an issue also. im trying to stay positive but its been really hard. my husband has been trying really hard to keep me positive but he gets frustrated with me when i get worried and upset. i know he is having a hard time with this to but i just need him to listen when i get upset. i feel like i did something wrong. that i should have done more. i just keep praying that my baby will survie this and i will get to meet him/her in about 7 1/2 months. i just wanted to feel like im not alone and i know other people are going through this also. thank you for listening
How far along are you?
Yes, how many weeks are you? At six weeks the heartbeat is just able to be measured via ultrasound, and it can be on the low side. At six weeks my daughter's heartrate was 126bpm and by eight weeks it was 179.

It can honestly go either way at this point. Some doctor's like to see the heartrate at 90 or above at six weeks.

I had a miscarriage in September of '09, and it was one of the hardest things that my DH and I have had to go through. After that we battled infertility for six months before conceiving our daughter. You are in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us updated on how things go!
i am 6 weeks 2 days according to the u/s i wasnt sure when my last period was so they are goiing by the u/s
Mine babies was 140 bpm at 11 wks. Try not ti stress im sure your ob is taking precautions. Ill pray for you and your baby
It's still early..which both means that the baby's development is very fragile, but also means that there's a lot of things going on in there the doctors might not be able to pick up yet. Hopefully the next scan will go better, I definitely wouldn't give up hope yet, just wait and see.
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Shannon79 commented on Baby Noah!!
Shannon79 Holy cold snap! -24C (-11F)... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy