Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
freaking out a little over possible preeclampsia

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I went to the Dr for check-up today (I will be 35 weeks tomorrow) and was told that my blood pressure was pretty high 142/95, they had my lay of my left side for a while and it did go down some. When I got home I looked up high blood pressure during pregnancy since this has never been a problem for me with any of my previous pregnancies (this is baby #4 for me) and it was talking about preeclampsia after reading the warning signs, i am a little freaked out, besides the high blood pressure I have been having sever headaches, abdominal pain (although, we think that this is partly acid reflux and a possible herniated asophogus), i have had a lot of nausea and vomiting for about 2 weeks, and my eyes have seemed to be getting worse. i also noticed last night that my ring was getting a little tight on my finger and switched it to my pinky and I forgot to mention it to the Dr, but there is swelling in my hands as well. all the symptoms are making really nervous for preeclampsia, with the exception that i lost weight this week and one of the signs can be weight gain. am I over reacting or do I have reason to be worried? and one who has advice or has been through this would be appreciated!  
Swelling can be a very normal part of pregnancy.  I'm sure your doctor has been checking your urine at each check up for protein.  If he was concerned he would let you know.  If it's bothering you ask him to run some blood work to rule out preeclampsia.  I am on pregnancy #6 that's made it out of the first trimester and I've swollen pretty bad with all of them   Call your doctor and let him know about your symptoms and concerns.
Yeah, if it were just the swelling, I would'nt be to worried, although I typically don't have any swelling during pregnancy and even currently do not have any in my legs, feet or ankles, just my hands! I saw someone else today, so maybe that is part of why I am nervous, she does'nt really know me or my history. I am probably overeacting, just worried! they having my coming back in for another blood pressure check on monday and my regular weekley appointment on thursday.
I would be concerned and if symptoms get any worse even in the slightest call your dr ASAP if he's not in go to ER IMMEDIATELY i would try to have someone drive you for now on though especially if your symptomatic with pre eclampsia don't want to get real dizzy or have very blurred vision while you are trying to drive on the rd thats not safe for you and baby. I WISH YOU LUCK. Oh yeah I KNOW THIS WILL BE HARD try NOT TO STRESS because that is only going to make the BP higher lower salt intake definatlry try to just relax as much as you can put your self on bed rest enlist the help of others to help u get things done around the house  
Just keep an eye on your symptoms and try to relax as much as possible.  Do you have a way to monitor your BP at home?  Was this the first time your BP was elevated?  You're 35 weeks now so even if you were to develop pre-eclampsia you are far enough along that you could deliver the baby without him/her having any major complications.  I know it's hard, but relaxing is the best thing for you right now...try not to stress.  
I assume they are checking your urine at each visit? Next time, ask if there is any protein in your urine. They can also do a blood test to check liver function. It was those 2 factors that told my dr that we had to deliver early. But I was also swelling very significantly, especially in my feet.
I am 32 weeks and i was just recently admitted to hospital for having same syptoms (symptoms), i had severe headache (migrane (migraine)) i also had spotted vision (seeing black spots ) and also some protein in my urine they kept me in for 5 days to check it was preeclampsia as  it can be harmful to both you and your baby as in some cases it can stop the growth of your baby or so i was told by docs, i got let out after 5 days because my syptoms (symptoms) calmed down butb there was ladies in there that had been there since like 28 weeks and had to stay in until baby could be safely induced, i would go back to your doc if you are worried about this it cant hurt to be causious when it comes to preeclampsia, i hope everything is ok, good luck !!
I had preeclampsia............. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROTIEN IN URINE, it IS NOT preeclampsia. you only have hypertension and swelling. During preeclampsia you start swelling well before due date. I couldnt wear my rings from 5 months. Your doctor isnt worried bc hypertension is a common thing in pregnancies, as is swelling. Going to the ER isnt going to help AT ALL, esp if your hypertension isnt life treatening. They might put you on bedrest or send you home. The doctors dont go by what may be running through your mind but go by what proof they have of anything indicating a serious problem...... and preeclampsia diagnos is only going to happen if you have pain under right rib and protien. Have i summed it up for you??? If so ask any more ? that you may have.
Hollus Hardships Often prepare ord... Comment
1 hr ago
Hollus commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Shannon79, Hollus, and hansen20 commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy