gestational diabetes help!!
So ive been eating pretty healthy and i dont eat candy or chocolate much but the weekend before my glucose test i went crazy! It was my husbands gender reveal/birthday party and i had a macaroon, cupcake, and  strawberry fanta. And took my glucose the next day. Could it be that my numbers were so high because of the sugar that i had on the weekend!?
Do you think they will let me retest??
Please help!
Did  you take the 1 hr? If so and you failed they usually have you come back for a 3 hr test. I have it GD and it's not only sugar you should watch out for but the carbs in food also as they break down into sugars...hope this helps!
Your sugar levels would have been back to normal by then for the test. So your results are correct. They should have you do a 3 hour test and if you fail that then you will have to monitor what you eat. Things that are high in carbs like pasta breads soda ect should be limited. I can only eat 45 carbs per meal and 15 per snack. 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks.