getting pregnant after iud
i am getting my iud taken out tommorow  and i have only had it in for 14 months i was wounder how long after taking it out can you get pregnant?
Hi i had my coil taken out last August , i fell pregant the next month very quickly . Hope this is useful to you.I had mine in for a year.
Hi Amy, my gyny said there is no reason it shouldn't happen straight away.
I too had my iud (non hormonal) taken out in Aug 07, bled a little (which i was told is normal) and then had a 35 day cycle (usually 28-30 days) - just assume it mucked up my timing a bit. I've been ttc since but no luck so far.
I'm in the middle of the tww and hope the news is good next week! Good luck to you!
It can defintelely happen right away!
I had my ParaGuard (copper/non-hormonal) IUD for 7yrs and had it removed on Feb. 8, 2008, spotted a little over the next day or so(as expected from removal), then AF came right on time on Jan 22nd, but only lasted for 3 short days(usually 5days for me). We've been ttc since I had it removed and I think I might be preg now? AF isn't due for a couple of days but all the signs are here, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted. Good Luck To You!  
I had the mirena Iud for about 2 years.  We started ttc in Oct. 2007.  This morning (3/20/08) I got a very faint positive.  I hope this it!  Good luck!
i had my mirena IUD removed in September 13th 07.....i had it for 11months, i got prego shortly after.  I got my first positive on October 17th 2007.  I am now 26 weeks along with a baby boy!  So it can happen right away...good luck!
hi i had mirena removed 8th september had a slight show 29th september my breasts are soe and im feeling slightly nauseous could i be pregnant although the tests i have done come back negative
thanks
I'm having the same problem.  My IUD was removed right after my wedding in June08, and I have had really bad headaches, a VERY irregular period, very nauseous and negative pregnancy tests.  Frustrating, isn't it??  Feel better and my fingers are crossed for you!  Good luck!
i had my iud for 4 in a half yrs i took it out about 3 months ago. im starting to worry that i won't be able to have no more kids, im a mommy of 2 little girls a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old n my husband n i can't wait to have another one :) my question is does it take this long? is it normal?
I want to get pregnant really bad. I got my iud (with hormones) removed on the the 5th of 2009. I had a period the 8th and ended on the 10th. My husband and i started trying after i finished. Could i be pregnant? Can i get pregnant that soon? Should i have waited to try for a baby???  
I had a Copper IUD for 8 years (had first one in for 5 years, then the second for 3 years).  I had it removed in August 2009 and my partner and I have been trying to conceive since November 2009.  It is now August 2010 and we are still not pregnant.  Both of us have been checked (myself - ultrasound and blood-work to check hormone levels, my partner - to check sperm count, motility etc.) and it seems as though there is nothing wrong with either of us.  I can't help but think it has something to do with my uterine lining.  Having had an IUD for 8 years, is it possible that the lining becomes so thin that it takes a long time to "bounce back"?  Does anyone have info on this?
I had my paraguard IUD (non-hormonal) removed on Aug. 10, 2010, after having it in for 5+ years.  I got a positive pregnancy test yesterday.  I was a little shocked that it happened so quickly.  To those out there still trying, keep the faith and stay encouraged, it will happen.
hi all i have had the coil in for 4and a half  years had it removed on 27/8/10 had a bleed on the 1/9/10 this is my first for a good few months so dont know how to work out my normal body me and my partner are trying for a baby got pregnant with in a week of having it taken out with both my boys  need sone help
Hi!  I had my mirena taken out on Nov. 3rd, 2010.... We are want another baby, but I am nervous.  I'm afraid that I will have issues getting pregnant.  With our first child it was a complete accident (but a good one) now that we want one and are trying I figure the opposite will happen.  I am cramping a little tonight... kinda weird since I haven't had a period in almost 5 years and I never really cramped like this before hand.  Any advice on what to expect?
Hi I am a 33 year old woman. I had my Copper-T IUD for about 6and a half years. I had it removed on 03-30-11. I was supposed to get my period on the 7th of april and still nothing. Im finding this Mildly irritating as I am trying for baby #2,(I have a 6 year old son) and would like to begin tracking my ovulation, I need my cycle to begin. It took me 7 years, 3 doctors,and lots of tears to get my son.  In fact I had all but given up not being able to afford invitro when I happened to read an artical in womens world that changed my life. REFLEXOLOGY I added this with my ovulation timing and got pregnant the first month. I am using this meathod again who knows maybe! If you are trying to concieve I recomend taking 5 minutes to look and see for yourself.
I had my mirena iud removed feb 21 of this year and am 7 weeks right now. I certainly didn't expect to conceive this quickly but am very happy. Good luck (:
I should have added I had the iud for 5 years prior to removal and one normal pregnancy and delivery prior to that. No other pregnancies previously.
hi i had my IUd removed Sept.19. i had it in for around a year and a half. i was told not to try for a month or until i get a period normal. i had my period 7 days later which when i was suppose to. i also had a period the entire time i had the IUD. i think the reason was because my IUD was not in the right place when she took it out. we have just started trying for another baby this will be my forth. i have heard that women have a higher chance of conceiving twins after the IUD. anybody know if this is true?
I had mine out on March 11th, got my period on March 25th, and tested positive April 23rd.  I am now 27 weeks pregnant with one baby.  There is a thread on the Women's Health forum where there are many of us that have or are trying to conceive after mirena and there is I believe one lady pg with twins on there but the majority of blessed to have the one.
Hi , iam 33 yrs old , i had merina coil for 2 years , , have 2 kids 8 & 5 yr old , got my coil removed on 27 mar 12, we want another one , desperate to get pregnant , had some thing like period on 29 mar, thought its period , since then no period , its 32 days, neg pregnancy tt, i have usuaslly 27 day period cycle , its strange , no signs of period and pregnancy ,just wanted to ask , how long will it take to get pregnant ? Does it mean after coil , i have less chance of baby ?
getting pregnant after iud
9 minutes in the Pregnancy 18-34 Community
Hi , iam 33 yrs old , i had merina coil for 2 years , , have 2 kids 8 & 5 yr old , got my coil removed on 27 mar 12, we want another one , desperate to get pregnant , had some thing like period on 29 mar, thought its period , since then no period , its 32 days, neg pregnancy tt, i have usuaslly 27 day period cycle , its strange , no signs of period and pr...