giving birth at 31 weeks?
Just wondering what would happen if I gave birth now at 31 weeks?
Your baby would likely require a NICU stay for sometime, as well as having breathing problems, swallowing problems, etc etc. They could also be developmentally further behind than peers of their age and most will hit milestones later than others. It's best to have baby inside you for as long as possible.
I agree with Clysta!
I'm sure your baby will be fine I had my baby at 28 weeks and she is perfect she was breathing on her on and everything she was only kept in the nicu because she was only 3 pounds and needed to gain wight which took a month until she was able to come home with us that was really hard but I was just happy that she was healthy.just stay optimistic
You would want that baby to stay in there as long as possible.. If they believe you are at risk for giving birth early make sure you are close to medical care.. they can sometimes stop labor and if they cannot stop it then at least you will be in a place that give the baby the best medical attention..

Most babies who are born before 36 weeks will require a stay in the NICU.. the length depends on the baby...  MOst likely the baby will have to stay in the NICU until the original due date... and there are some risks factors.. babies born that early are more likely ot have respiratory issues, suffer from jaudice, experience developmental delays (though many catch up by the age of 3), etc....

My friend had her baby at 30 weeks and the baby was doing good from the start but had to be in the NICU for 4 months....  

But remember every day inside of you will make a huge difference
There will definitly be NICU time. Most babies at this point of gestation cannot breath on their own and need help. Like Petite said. The longer they are in their mother's womb, the better.