Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
healthy baby at 32 weeks?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

healthy baby at 32 weeks?

What are the chances of having a healthy baby at 32 weeks? I don't want my baby to come out now, but he's acting like he is ready and its stressing me out...but im just trying to relax in knowing that he would be ok if he decided to come now. Does anyone have any experiance in babies being born this early? Again, i want to make it known that i have done nothing to bring this on, not even walking a lot since my feet have been so swollen, and i WANT him to stay in as long as possible so please no lectures.
**just a heads up, he has measured 2-3 weeks ahead for almost my entire pregnancy.
Well he will have issues and require a stay in the nicu. So you would be leaving the hospital without him.
Anything b4 37weeks is a prematurely born baby. Its a crap shoot but it's good he is showing ahead in size. The issue is lungs and ability to keep himself warm.
The survival rate of a baby born at 32 weeks is pretty high, around 98%. One of the biggest problems baby would face is not being able to regulate his body tempature because being born that early he wouldn't have much fat reserves. Its very likely he would spend some time in the NICU, any baby born under 4lbs is required to, but how long would depend.
Yea, i know he would need to stay in nicu for a bit, which stinks because my hospital doesn't have a nicu so he would be lifeflighted an hour away while I'm stuck in the local hospital. Plus, i obviously want a healthy baby.
And i know that weight guesses while in the belly are just guesses, but they estimated him at 4 pounds 2 weeks ago. So I'm hoping that if he does come early that they will at least be close in their estimate. And that was based off an ultrasound
Avatar n tn
Have you began to dialate? I'm 32 weeks Wednesday and my Dr told me that cause I was having my Baby event at 35 weeks, the Dr isn't going to check for dialation until after because
Avatar n tn
That could cause me to dialate more. My next appt is in 2 weeks, I have biweekly appt now.. I had twins born at 34 weeks, and came home at 37 weeks, I was there also for that long due to preeclampsia
I hadnt 2 weeks ago but he's been head down for almost 2 months and I just had my 4th contraction in an hour and feel a 5th coming on :( i have an appt tomorrow so i really don't want to Go into the er unless i HAVE to
Avatar n tn
Oh ok.. sounds as if he's done cooking lol.. congrats. Prayers everythings ok
Lol right? Early babies just worry me :/ but thank you for your prayers!
Good luck with your little one! You're only a few days behind me :)
Avatar n tn
My twins were born at 32 weeks one stayed in the nicu for two weeks and the other stayed three. Both are happy healthy 7 year olds.
Aw thank you! That makes me feel a lot more comfortable just in case :)
Hey this is tada little man still trying to come well if u get 6 in an hour unrelieved by hot bath or drinking water I would go ahead and go in hope your not dilated...
Ahhh tada! I was just telling frankie how i miss u guys. Yea he's still being a little booger and giving me a hard time :/ i keep having bh in between real ones...do i count those too? Cux if so then I've had about 15 lol...hows your little man? He have a name yet? Lol and is orion still cooking?
Drink some water, bath, and sleep if you can lol. I was having this happen a couple days ago maybaby like one or two days after we both had a contraction? Having the pillows between my legs and under my belly helped a lot and eventually the contractions stopped. I told my Dr about it today and they just asked if Id had anymore instances - which I hadnt - and they didnt check me either.
April had Orion a few days ago by emergency c section. But I'm pretty sure they are both doing OK. This is robin Stevens btw. Orion is cute he looks just like the ultrasound pics she had posted
My son was a 36 weeker and he stayed in the nicu for a week. If you go into labor at this point they would try to stop it. I went into labor every week starting at 34 weeks. I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. Try increasing your fluid intake an see if it helps
Oh wow! I hope she and Orion are ok... she wasnt supposed to have him til a few days before me o.o Tell her I said hi!
I'll tell her
Yea she said he's doing better and no maybaby19 I haven't come up with a name yet I need some ideals lol well I hope u don't have to go in
Thats good! And hang in there maybaby - no going into labor before me! Im 2 wks ahead of you ;) *hugs*
My first was born at 32 weeks. He was 3lbs 4oz. And had to stay in the hospital for 21 days. Now he is 6 and ornery as ever :)?
Oh jeez! Ill praying for April and O :) and I'm trying to take it easy but goodness...guess I'm going to grab a huge bottle of water and get to drinking! Its mostly bh now so I'm hoping that i can hold off til tomorrow, my dr checked me last time so maybe she will this time too! Tada, I'm routing for Greyson Alexander :) and bri ...id love for you to beat me to the punch...I'm sure you are ready lol up til now I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so I'm trying not to ruin that streak lol
Yea well hope u can hold out until tomorrow girl and there's no dilating
Maybaby we miss you there. Come back.
Just an update, i am in l&d. Little man is fine, the contractions are prob from dehydration, and they think I'm coming down with pre eclampsia :/ waiting on my labs now
What did I tell you about going before me woman?! :) *hugs* Hope everything turns out ok. Dehydration *****... its like no matter how much water you drink its not enough. And I forget now who suggested it but Mio is fricken great if water makes you urpy
I had my baby at 32 weeks she war healthy just had to stay at the nicu for 2 weeks
O girl i love water lol the nurse asked me to try to drink one jug ...I'm on my 3rd lol
That's great news maize!
Dr just came in, i do have proteins in my urine and my blood pressure isn't going down so they are keeping me over night and i am having an u/s in the morning. Baby is still doing great so they aren't worried about him, just my blood pressure.
Oh good he is fine.!
Glad to here that tell little trace to behave lol hope u get to feeling better girlie
Thanks hun, I'm trying! Blood pressure just isn't going down and not looking forward to being here without hubby all night :( but i told him to stay home...work is more important right now. Still stinks though
You tell that bubs to stop trying to cheat and get back in line lol Keep us updated hun lots of love!
Glad baby is ok. You take care.
Keep me updated
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
desderius valencia etuna was born on ... Comment
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy