Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
how can a baby be absorbed back into the body?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have been seeing my obgyn for the past 2 weeks. I had a miscarriage last year so she wanted to monitor my hcg levels closely this time. On the 10th my hcg level was 79 but my progesterone level was only 8, my progesterone was a little low and she put me on prometrium. On the 12th my level had only rised to 84 it should have doubled so she wanted me to come in for bloodwork again the following week. on the 17th i went in for blood work again and my hcg level was 3. She told me that any level below 5 was considerd not to be pregnet, and that i had miscarried. I did not understand because i had no pain or bleeding, so how could i have miscarried? She told me that my body must have absorbed the pregnancy, Has anyone heard of this it sounds so sci-fi to me, and i dont understand how something like this can happen.
First off, I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know about being absorbed back into the body, but I have read quite a few stories on here where it took a little while for the bleeding to start.
thank you for the comment i guess you were right and they were not. I have barrely slept all night due to the cramping and bleeding. Thank you for the comment.
if you are cramping and bleeding then yeah you're definitely m/c-ing. Remember that the baby at this stage is soooooooo little you probably wont even see it. I'm sorry for your loss
at 9 weeks i was told that i had miscarried i didnt have any bleeding just a little bit of cramping which this was normal for me with all my pregnancies i had 10 children.Dr.said that my body absorbed the tissue.its been 2 weeks and i still havent blead.Dr said that until all my hormone levels go down i will start bleeding.about a week ago they did another blood test to check my hormone levels they had dropped to half than what it was 2 weeks ago.Ididnt want to have a d&c because 5 years ago i lost 1 baby to a twin they told me i had to have a D&C but i didnt let them i told them i still felt like i had a baby there they told me okay you just have to sign a paper that you dont want it done well 2 weeks after i had an ultrasound i had my other baby if i would of done it they would of killed my other baby
KTowne, KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
hansen20 commented on photo
babyIvy_42715 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy