how common is it for the babys head to get wrapped in the cord?
I had my 3d/4d ultrasound yesterday (pics posted)  and her cord was everywhere by her face..   I'm worried it will get wrapped around her neck..  is that common?  how would I know without an ultrasound??    (I'm 29 weeks)
It's actually very common for the cord to get wrapped around the neck.  It is LESS common for it to cause major problems.
my baby had hers up around her face too.  i read that they like to play with it...when you think about it, it's gotta be pretty boring in there so i am sure that the cord gives them some entertainment!  i was worried at first like you, but my tech said that it's often up around their head area and isn't something i should be worried about.
I was told that you shouldnt worry about it until the very end when there is no room at all for them anymore... and even then its a very slim chance. That is why they have you coming every week to keep an eye on anything NOT normal... plus they watch the heartbeat.. and it would slowly decrease.
In the case of a cord getting around a babys neck the hr will not always "slowly decrease"  I know i'm gonna sound like the "bearer of doom and gloom" and I'm not trying to but the reality of it is...a cord accident can happen very suddenly.  Unfortunately I know all too well.  

My brother and I both were born with the cords around our necks...obviously we both survived.  My first born son however wasn't so lucky.  I had a normal regular check up on Aug 2nd....strong heartbeat in the 140's...movement was good.  I went into labor on the 3rd not thinking anything was wrong...waited til my contractions were less then 5 minutes apart and headed to the hospital.  When they hooked me to the monitors there was no heartbeat...an ultrasound confirmed it.  It CAN happen quickly though it is FAR MORE RARE for it to be this extreme.  

Now I have had 3 other children (1 c-sec and 2 vag.) that had no incidents with the cord.  

BUT..Just becuase the cord is NEAR the face towards the end is NOT an indicator there there will be a problem with it.  
awwwwww, this is my worst night mare!!! going that far then loosing the baby.... You sound great!! I hope god give you healthy kids as many as you wish...
My son had the cord wrapped around his neck during my 3D/4D ultrasound and my first thought was Oh NO! He was born a month ago just fine. I had two miscarriages prior to him so I worried about everything. A cord accident is a freak accident that doesn't happen very often. Just pay attention to the baby's fetal movement.
i dont have any personal experiences of course but i would just be careful when u get farther along i have heard that bending down and cleaning and stuff can cause the cord to wrap around the babys neck!! My DH's cousin and his GF had their first baby not too long ago in May and she had it all easy boom pregnant didnt even have symptoms except her period being gone of course and no problems all along and they said right b4 she was born the heartrate went down and they said ok just a few more minutes of this and were going to take her out ourselves and luckily the baby popped out a lil while later with the cord on her neck!! but she was perfectly healthy just needed a lil oxygen!!
ugh.. I know its normal to have these feelings.. but I hate them.  I'm just trying to stay as positive as I can..
thanks for all your comments ladies!