Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
how long did your insicion hurt after a c-section

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

my son will be 1 month tomorrow and the right side of my insicison hurts at night and sometimes in the morning still is this normal it looks healed and closed and stuff but it just hurts..oh and for those who have had c-section in the past how long did you bleed for??? for me at first when i was still in the hospital and stuff i bled very little and like a week after it started to pick up and still 4wks later im finally starting to stop bleeding (tmi) but its more like brown now. is this normal for a c-section to bleed for so long? and when will i have my next period im confused?
bump
Peronally after 2 1/2 weeks I had NO pain from my csection, but my OBGYN was amazed. I'm not the typical woman.. He was shocked at my two week checkup at how well I'd healed so far.
I bled for 4-5 weeks off and on and then it stopped. probably at the end of that 4th week, then af showed up at about 7-8 weeks.

IF your BFing it'll cause a delay in your period. BFing for a month or less shouldn't make it off by more than a week or so, however some women are just slow to "restart" they're bodies after baby. When you do decide to have sex, make sure you use condoms. It's very important, or at least know consiously what can happen if you don't. (including the risks of another baby so close to a csection... I just made a post on that last night!)
I konw it's normal
ok thanks this makes me feel better about feeling pain still and the whole bleeding thing i guess it just takes time...and after the pain i went through and having a baby so close in age would not be a good thing id cry so much if i were to become pregnant again just the thought of that gives me goose bumps.lol so yes ill be using condoms.....(tmi) but i bd a couple days ago, but it was kinda painful so i stopped ill wait it out for now.lol
I didnt have a lot of bleeding at all.  I got the occasional sharp pain along my incision but within a couple of weeks I felt much better.  You may still just be tender from the whole thing.  But don't worry too much.  Everything you said sounds normal to me and I have had 2 c sections
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Hollus, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy