Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
how long should you wait to have your first ultrasound?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have heard many stories of women who miscarry because of all the prodding they do at a 1st time doc appointment/ultrasound. Is this true? It makes me want to wait till i past the first trimester to go in.
normally 12 weeks your first ultrasound is, then 20 weeks, but it depends when you go the doctors and say you're pregnant, i didn't know i was pregnant with my 1st boy til i was 23 weeks 6 days gone and that was when i found out at first scan, then i had another scan at 28 weeks, how far pregnant do you think you are? you don't have to have the scan you know, when i had my second scan at 20 weeks i thought it was painful at one side because when she pressed on my stomach it really hurt, good luck with the pregnancy
It is usually 12 weeks. I had early scans with my first two pregnancies (both of my boys were fine) and with this pregnancy. I have never heard of an u/s causing problems. I wouldn't let it worry you. I doubt very much in those cases that it was the early u/s that was the cause.
I had my first scana t 11 weeks but that is because I chose to have the NT scan to check for down syndrome, trisomy 18...etc....if I hadn't had that it would have been my 18 week scan.
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
May 30
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy